Jack

“I…I remember, some of it…” I can see the pain in her eyes as she brings back the images in her head. They replay in mine as well. I remember the feeling of his fist on my face, the sounds of alice's sobbing and the way he hit the ground when I threw him.

  “It’s okay Alice…” I put my hand across the table, it rests on her's, she looks in my eyes and her tears start to well up. I walk across to her as they overflow, I pull her close as she starts to tremble.
                                    ***
  I take both our plates up and dispose of the remains of our food, after she finished crying I’d taken her back up to her room and she went back to sleep. She sobbed so much, she must be in so much pain and shock. Things like these are devastating, especially when they happen to someone as young and impressionable as Alice. I have to call Karen and let her know what happened. I reach for my phone but as I do it starts ringing, an unkmown number is calling, I answer, “Hello?” 

“Good day Mr. Carlisle, this is David branch from the Sunny springs law firm calling on behalf of a Mr. Brice Davis regarding an incident that took place last night…”

I bite down on my jaw, Brice called in lawyers…

“I’m calling to inform you that Mr. Davis is pressing charges for un-aggravated assault and other minor offenses, you will be expected to show up in court at an currently unspecified date to answer for the accusations, a summons will be sent to you at some time during the course of the next three days…Good luck Mr. Carlisle… you’re going to need it.”

The phone hangs up…Davis is his last name, Davis as in Davis Inc. the accounting firm. Brice’s father has a lot of power it seems… but he’s never thrown around his weight with someone like me. He's a dolphin swimming in to a shark tank.