Casper (Epilogue)

I knock the cigar with my finger,  getting rid of the ash. This is a beautiful moment. I adjust my tie as I wait. Mr. Walker is a bit late but that is no matter. I smoke and I wait.

  Soon the door clicks and he enters. I soak the moments in, I’m about to become a very wealthy man. Casper Shevrakian, C.E.O of Carlisle, no, soon to be Shevrakian industries. Oh its music to my ears.

  I stand to greet him. “Mr. Walker, how nice to see you, many congrats on nailing that last case, your law firm is top notch, how is the family, your son…Brice is it?”

  He shakes my hand, “They’re amazing Mr Shevrakian, and if things are savoury today, they’ll be more than amazing very soon."

“Yes, yes, let’s get straight to business.”

“I like your style Shevrakian,”

“Call me Casper, I insist.”

“Casper, you must know we’ve both acquired a…common issue, if you will, this issue is a billionaire prick by the name of Jack Carlisle who seems to think he can walk around this town doing whatever he pleases, people like us are here to keep people like him in check.”

“I agree.”

“The moment he put his hands on my son, he started a war that will take everything from him, he has no idea who he’s messed with.”

“Well Mr. Walker, I have just the thing to help you put him down… in exchange I would need your word on helping me take what rightfully belongs to my family… to me.”

“With our minds, skills and resources coupled, well, Mr. Walker, there is nothing we can’t achieve.”

“I agree casper.”

I walk over to the brandy on a table and pour us two drinks. I hand Walker one and I take the other , we cheers and I open my laptop. I insert my pen drive and retrieve the files from the footage of security maintenance day.

  I was in the right place at the right time, as always Jack came in late and referred supervision of maintenance duty to someone else. He didn’t pay attention to the fact that I was the most qualified for the job. I took it up expecting a regular day at the office but I stumbled across a pearl in a shipyard. I knew Jack would slip up, it was only a matter of time.

  I turn the laptop toward walker. His eyes light up. Raw footage of Jack, kissing the daughter of his wife, right in the office. I can’t help but laugh, the fool won’t know what’s coming. How could he be so stupid. I’ll tear down his company and tear him apart  for crossing my father to build that company. Everything he has is rightfully mine… and I am here to take it. The world will know my name and know what a fraud and a degenerate Jack Carlisle is. Everything he holds dear will be crushed and remolded in to mine. Jack's days are numbered.