Karen

I turn the music up to help calm me, I’m a bit nervous for my flight. I always get jittery before flights. I can’t help but bite my fingernails as I stare out the car window to the Florida coast. The flight’s not the only thing that has me Jittery though.

“you okay babe?” Jack asks.

I turn to him and look him in the eyes, those beautiful brown eyes.
“I’m good.”
I lied.
I can’t help but hear those words

“Karen can’t know,”

playing over and over in my head. I smile at him then turn back to the coast. It always amazed me how cars move but the sunset and sea seem to stay in the same place all the time.

  Half of the sun peeks out from behind the horizon, the waves dip and rise with gold and red flecs dancing on their tips. Birds pass over the sea dipping and rising like the waves, do they move with the waves or do the waves move with them.

  “We’re almost there love, you’re sure you haven’t forgotten anything?”

“No, jack, everything’s here.”

“okay.”

We pull in to a parking spot and jack cuts the car engine off. He turns to me, reaches over and plants a firm kiss on my lips, he runs his fingers through my hair and he moans a little.

“I love you, I hope you come back soon.”

“Karen can’t know.”

I smile,  “I hope I do too, Jack.”