Jack

The words ring through my head. “Don’t ever speak to me again.”  The car glides by as I stare out the window replaying the moments. I have a company to run…

“Sir, we’re almost there.”
Thanks joseph. With everything that’s happened recently, I’ve hardly had time to pay attention to my work, it runs itself efficiently but with Casper Shevrakian around, I need to know for sure.  We pull up in the parking sector. The smell of the place welcomes me back, asphalt, car exhaust and those other faint smells that parking structures hold.

I head up to my office, my secretary is at the front desk,

“Jessica, what’s on the agenda for today?” 

“Well sir, here’s a list of things that are going on and some stuff to sign, a rundown of what’s been going on and well a cleaning crew is in the plumbing today as well as the security crew are doing maintenance on the camera systems…”

  I zone out and my mind floats to Alice again, I’ve hardly paid attention to what Jessica said. I take all the documents, thank her and leave no one comments on my stitched face. My office comes in to view, it looks just the way I left it. Time to get to work.

                              ***

Its been hours and I’ve run through every inch of the records, nothing seems to be off, I’m surprised. Shevrakian hasn’t reared his ugly head yet but I sense that something’s up. He’s always moving. My office phone goes off, it's jessica. “Sir, someone’s here to see you, she says her name is Alice Chelsea.”

I retract, pressing my back against my seat and I rub my lip with my finger. Alice came… is something up or…

“Send her in.”

My heart starts racing. The door cracks and I see her come through. She’s in a pretty flower dress and sandals. Her pretty black hair pulled back, those grey eyes shining.

   I stand from my seat. “Alice… I didn’t expect you…”

“I know.”

I walk around to the front of my desk and lean on it.

“Is everything okay?”

“Jack… I…I’m sorry about this morning…I didn’t mean it, its just, everything is getting to me and I can’t…” her tears interrupt, she breaks down. I can feel her pain. I walk over and hug her as she cries. I rub her back.

“Everything’s gonna be okay Alice…I’m sorry… about everything.”

Her arms come up and she pulls me in. She’s so much shorter than me, it makes me feel like I’m holding a child… Essentially, that’s what she is.

  She looks up at me, our eyes connecting. I can see her and I want her to see me, I’m falling in love with her and I know she is falling for me. Her hands caress my neck and she wraps her arms around it, running in to my hair… she pulls me to her and our lips connect again, warmth pours from her in to me. We let go and stare at each other for a few moments. Our eyes alone speak.

I don't know where things will go from here. I just know right now I'm entirely captured by this girl...