Alice

The sunlight is unbearable, my head is pounding. I rub my eyes and look around. I’m in my room… what happened? It hits me in flashes but I don’t know if it’s a dream or if its actually real.

  Images of Brice angry, grabbing me, shouting at me… then, Jack, his hands smacking Brice to the ground. God its all a blur and its painfully confusing. I realize its real when I see a bruise on my wrist from where Brice held me as he was trying to force me in to the car. My heart drops, tears start to come to my paining eyes again but I hold them back. My mouth is dry and I feel like a mess, its probably because I’m hung over.When I realize this my stomach starts to turn and I know what’s coming, I sum up the strength to jump out of bed and run in to my bathroom.

  I kneel near the toilet, gag and empty the contents of my stomach in to the bowl, flush it and sit on the bathroom floor… that’s when the tears come harder and I can’t hold them back anymore. It rushes over me like a blue wave on a lone rock, covering me, batheing me.
                                      ***
Its cold and I feel so tired as I stumble down the steps, mom is gone, I can’t even talk to her, I just feel weak and hopeless, everything hurts, everything.

The kitchen comes in to view and the smell of food hits me, something’s cooking. I walk slowly in to the doorway and my eyes fall on him. Jack, in a blue t-shirt and dark blue fitted sweat pants. He turns around and sees me, “Alice…” I force a smile, “H.. hey..” he pauses for a second. Take a seat. Immidiately my attention goes to my appearance, I try to fix my hair a bit but I know I look like a conplete mess.

  He pours out an egg, sunny side up on my plate along with two pieces of toast. Then something green in a glass. “Drink up,” I sniff it and it smells weird, I flash him a look of confusion, because I don’t know what it is. “Its for the hangover… now drink up.”
  Something inside leads me to comply immediately, God I hate that he has that effect on me... but its also one of the things that turn me on about him. The green juice tastes nicer than it smells and I can already feel myself getting a little better.

   I rest it down and start eating my toast and eggs, but the questions start to come up in my mind. He sits across from me and starts eating what seems like broccoli and chicken breast, is he watching his weight or something?
  “Jack… what happened last night?”
He puts his fork down and looks at me, “What do you remember?”

AliceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara