Chapter 20

The plane ride was longer than we expected especially since someone a few aisles over spent 45 minutes arguing about the drink selection the plane had. I will never understand.

Once we got off the plane and out of the airport we were headed straight to Hunter's new place. I didn't even know he had it or bought it. Not that I needed to know every little thing he does. I'm sure Eli and I will only be there for a few days and then we will find our place.

I don't want to intrude on Hunter's space.

"And here we are." Peter rolled down his window and began talking to someone through a speaker. The gates opened and the driver continued to drive down the long driveway. Out of nowhere, a huge house appeared.

Of course, it looks like this, it's Hunter.

"So this is it huh?" Peter nodded and started to get out. Peter led us inside and said the driver would bring our luggage in.

The inside of the house was even better than the outside. Surprisingly it felt more like a home rather than just a new house. Eli was sleeping so I wanted to find him a place to lay down first. I choose the first comfortable thing I saw which was a black couch. Very bachelors but still looked nice nonetheless.

I laid him down lightly laid a small blanket on him. Peter came down the stairs looking refreshed and locked the front door.

"You can go to sleep with Eli. I'll stay up until Hunter gets here." I nodded but told him that I would stay up.

For the next few hours, Peter and I had some small talk but never really got into a deep conversation. It was a comfortable silence between the two of us. Around 4 am a car door being shut caught our attention. Peter got up quickly and peeked out of the window. I saw his shoulders relax, it must be Hunter. I got up with him, and we went to the front door.

When the door opened, Hunter stepped in with a straight face. He didn't exactly look happy, but not angry either. He set his bag down and took his suit jacket off.

"Hey Hunter," I just had to break this silence.

"Hey Bella," He hugged me and nodded at Peter. Peter looked ready to just go to sleep, so he took that as a cue and headed upstairs. I heard a door shut quietly.  "How's Eli. Did he do ok on the plane?"

I nodded, "He's ok and sleeping right now."

"He has his room upstairs, did you not check?"

"Well, I wasn't sure if I should just roam the house-"

"Our house."

"Your house, we aren't staying. This is temporary."

"It's our house. Both our names are on the paperwork for it. "

"How did you get-"

"Meadow helped me. She had you sign it when you signed papers to be Mathew's godmother."

"I feel like this is illegal."

"No one has to know."  I heard Eli start to move around on the couch. Hunter must've heard too because he was next to him right away. Eli opened his eyes and immediately looked at Hunter. I felt Hunter visibly relax and pick him up. Who knew a baby would be good for this man.

The rest of the night Hunter and I spent time with Eli and making sure he was comfortable with this new space.

°EDITED°