Chapter 21

"I have to go to work," Hunter said as he got up from the couch. He picked up his suit jacket and slipped it on.

I kinda missed seeing him in a suit every day.

"Have fun," I gave him a small smile.

"Do you remember what it was like working there or...?"

"Oh, I remember clearly. I love alphabetizing every folder and then recycling them in the end." I said sarcastically with a small laugh.

"It was to get you used to the place." Hunter smiled at me. I couldn't help but just smile back at him. In a few seconds, he was already out the door and now it was just Eli and me. And Peter up in a room upstairs.

I took this as my chance to look around. I made sure Eli was comfy on the couch and hidden from the windows or doors.

I got up and headed upstairs first. Last night Hunter pretty much permitted me to look around.

The first door was shut so I'm guessing Peter was in there. Every other door was left open or cracked open.  The next-door seemed to be his office.

If I learned anything, it's not to look in a businessman's office but I'm sure it won't hurt to look at the decor.

As soon as I stepped in everything seemed to be dulled down. It didn't feel very homey. The desk wasn't even a desk it was a big wooden slab.

It was all neatly organized I'll give him that. I saw a picture on his desk of him and Eli at the park.

On a shelf next to his desk was the picture of him and me when we got drunk. Well, I got drunk. He looked miserable.

The only reason I remember that is because Peter showed me the next morning. I didn't even know he had this. I smiled at the memory of how we first met.

Deciding that was enough snooping in his office I left quietly shutting the door behind me. For the next 15 minutes, I was just glancing in the rooms to see what was going on.

When I got back downstairs, Eli started moving around. Just in time.

...

"How was work?" I asked as he loosened his tie.

"The usual. People are threatening to go on strike if I don't give a pay raise but they don't understand if we wait a week or two the pay raise will be much greater- Sorry you don't want to hear about it." He laid his suit jacket on the back of the couch.

"If you need to let it out please be my guest." I got another spoon of baby food and flew it into Eli's mouth like an airplane.

"Just want to relax with my son and you."

"Well, you're just in time. Why don't you feed him and I'll go call for some take out." I handed him the tiny spoon and baby food which he took without any complaints.

After I called, I came back and Eli and Hunter were playing with the spoon. All of his food was finished as well.

"Why don't you two come into the office tomorrow. Maybe it'll keep people from you know. Plus I'm sure they'll be happy to see such an old and famous face." Hunter suggested. Eli playing with his finger was just the cutest thing. I thought about his idea for a second before finally deciding on just saying yes.

"It would be nice seeing some people." He smiled and for the rest of the night, the three of us spent time together like we were some sort of family.

The next morning was a little chaotic. Mostly me getting all three of us ready. Hunter couldn't find the new tie that he had just bought. Eli was being difficult with his pants and of course trying to pick out an outfit for me was a struggle. I finally decided on this.

"Ready to go?" Hunter asked for probably the 20th time

"Ready to go?" Hunter asked for probably the 20th time. I fixed a flyaway and took a deep breath before nodding. I picked up Eli who was laying on the bed and followed Hunter out to his car. His driver opened the door for us and we got in.

I'm not going to lie I am a little nervous because now with Eli everyone will know what had happened. I'm not scared of the judgment just the faces of realization when they know what happened.

It took about 30 minutes to be on the way into the building. The same guards I had seen on day one were still standing there like rocks.

I smiled at both to which they reciprocated. My eyes immediately looked to the reception desk to see Marie there but she wasn't.

"Where's Marie?" I asked. He looked over at the desk.

"Oh, she quit a few days ago. Her husband is in the hospital. I gave her some extra pay and sent her on her way." Hunter explained. I nodded sadly. I missed her.

We made it to the elevator without any good interruptions.

"Wait!" A familiar voice yelled from the front doors. Hunter stuck his hand in the way of the closing elevator doors and Tyler walked into the elevator out of breath.

No not that Tyler. The one I met while first working here.

"Tyler?"

"Bella?" He looked at me surprised. "Excuse me, Mr. King." Hunter just kept a straight face.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe you're here. Did you get your job back?"

"Yea Mr.King called me a few months ago and told me my job would be available if I wanted it. And you, you have a baby."

"That's great Tyler and yea," I laughed. "This is Eli." Eli just looked at Tyler as he was introducing himself. The elevator dinged and opened.

"We should catch up sometime Bella."

"Definitely," I smiled. God, it is good to be back in a way.

°EDITED°