Chapter 28

"Bella," I called out as I shut the front door behind me. I set my things down and begin taking off my work attire. I heard footsteps come down the stairs and she appeared in front of me.

"Hey," she smiled, "how was work? Everything ok in there?"

"Yea everything's alright, my father came into the office."

"oh?"

"Yea he wants to have another family dinner. I told him about Eli and they want to meet him. I also said it was up to you."

"Well, it should be fine as long as your father will actually be a little nicer."

"I think he'll behave." She laughed. Boy was that music to my ears. "How was he today?"

"Eli? I just set him down for a nap. We'll see how long that lasts." I noticed Bella looking over to the side table. What was on it? I glanced over at it as well and I think she might've noticed.

Bella's POV

Why would Hunter be looking over there too? Crap maybe I should've ignored it better. I can't help it.

"So I made some chicken and pasta for dinner. I put yours in the fridge you just have to heat it up." He nodded and walked into the kitchen.

I followed after him not knowing if I should walk away or what. Honestly, this whole interaction is awkward now.

I sat on a barstool and watched him get his food together.

"Eli was talking more today." Hunter smiled.

"That's great who knew our son would be a genius."

"Well, it's actually pretty norm-"

"Our son is a genius." I just laughed. Of course Hunter would like to believe our son is the next Einstein or something.

"Anyway I thought i'd let you know that Adrian and your mom were seen by the Canadian border earlier today." Hunter set his food down on the counter and started eating.

"They're leaving?"

"Yea I think you should be ok for a little."

"That's good, less people to worry about. Maybe things are actually going to start getting better."

"I hope so Amore."

The rest of the night was pretty uneventful. Hunter did his thing and i did mine until we went to bed that is. He insisted that i start sleeping in his bed seeing as how we have been the past few weeks.

I'm not going to complain when his mattress is like a cloud. Somehow we both end up all over each other in the morning.

"Good morning," i smiled at Hunter who was sitting up and typing away on his laptop. Not to mention he was shirtless.

He glanced over at me before turning his attention back to the screen.

"Good morning Amore, how'd you sleep?"

"Amazing," i sat up and leaned over to kiss him. "you have off today?"

"No but i'm the boss. Plus i wanna spend more time with you and Eli."

"Crap Eli, did he wake up yet. I didn't hear him crying at all?" I got up and pulled on a robe.

"Relax Bella, I calmed him down last night and he's been sleeping. But he should be waking up soon." I nodded and still headed for the door. Hunter shut his laptop and followed me.

When i opened the door to Eli's room quietly i saw him standing up in the crib. His hands gripping the sides.

"Hey Eli," I smiled and walked over to the crib. He looked up at me and had a smile on his face too. I picked him up out of the crib and turned around to see Hunter smiling at us.

All three of us went down for breakfast and had waffles and bacon. It was a quiet morning maybe too quiet.

Hunter got a phone call halfway through breakfast which was just his dad saying the dinner was this afternoon. Oh how these rich people are able to plan things to easily. I swear i'd need at least a week to even invite people.

Then again it is just a family thing. It was already almost noon by the time everyone was done eating and cleaned up so we had to get ready.

This is all going to be really bad or just the best night ever.

°EDITED°