chapter 2

I wake up to see that I slept in my school clothes. Great, now I have to get a shower and pick out a new outfit. It's 6:46, and the bus leaves at 8:30 so I have time. I decide on a black long sleeve shirt with some jeans and my black converse. Then I run to the bathroom.

"Oww!" I scream as my body hits the water. "This is hot!"

Either it was my scars from people tripping and hitting me, or it was just too hot for a morning shower. I wash my hair and scrub my body and get out. It is now 7:15, so I have about an hour and fifteen minutes to get ready. I don't eat in the morning since kids at school say I'm fat so I choose not to eat. I quickly get dressed and since my hair is straight I leave it the way it is. It is now 7:30, and I still have an hour. I brush my teeth and wash my face, putting on a little mascara. After I'm done it's 8:00 and I decide to walk to school, trying to avoid the stares on the bus.

I sing while I'm walking, the typical thing to do when going to my destination. As soon as I step foot on school grounds, everyone turns to look at me. I check the time. Crud. It's 9:00, school started 15 minutes ago. Luckily, today is Tuesday and first period is gym, so class is already outside.

As soon as I walk to the field, the teacher gives me a detention.

Another detention? I just won't go to it like I did yesterday.

"Alright, so today we are running laps so get out there!" yelled Mr. F

"Ugh," I mumbled.

He didn't hear me, which was a good thing. I don't want to get another detention. As soon as I start running I hear a sneer.

"Look at that belly!" howled Anna. "It's so jiggly!"

"Oh my gosh, it is really fat!" Jerry screamed. "That's not normal!"

I run inside the school and into the bathroom. I lean my back against the door and start to cry.

Why do they hate me? Do they know this is breaking me? Am I so useless that they need to make fun of me?

The bell rings and I'm forced to go to my locker and grab my books for Math. I'm about to close it when a hand closes it for me. I turn around to see Jack.

"You have a thing for slamming lockers, don't you," I say.

"I'm sorry, Mckayla," he said. "I'm so, so sorry for making fun of you."

"Then why did you do it?" I ask.

"Because Anna made me, that's why I was talking to her," he replied.

"Yeah, sure," I answer, rolling my eyes.

"I'm serious!" he yells. "Aren't you going to say sorry to me?"

"Say sorry for what?" I ask.

"For not saying yes to my help," he said in a duh tone.

"I'm sorry for telling you I didn't want your help yesterday," I reluctantly say.

"Friends?" he asked, holding out his hand for me to shake.

"Friends," I answer, shaking his open palm.

I walk with him to Math, and he smiles while talking to me, like he's actually enjoying my company.

I kind of like this guy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi lovelies! I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday, I had some family issues. That's why I'm updating twice today! The next chapter might be short, like this one was. Hope you enjoyed!
XO,
Mackenzie