Trust

I absolutely hate giving my trust to someone who doesn't keep it. I befriended Jack and now he's backstabbing me. I don't get him. One day he's the I wanna be friends guy, and the next he's the get away from me guy. Today he was the get away from me guy. I went up to him at his locker so we could walk to Science together and he just ignored me. I tried talking to him, but he didn't listen. I knew I was never going to make friends here.

"Hi Jack!" I yelled.

No answer. I wonder if he just didn't hear me.

"Jack," I said loudly as I ran up to him.

What? I thought we were friends. I thought he had liked me.

He even made fun of me when I said the wrong answer in class too. Instead of saying that a penguin is a mammal, I said it was a bird. Everyone laughed and said Mickey is stupid, Mickey is stupid. I thought we were friends and I thought we would stick together. I knew I shouldn't have trusted him. He wasn't very nice and I forgave him. But now that seems like it was a bad idea. I trusted him and he obviously didn't appreciate the trust I had for him.

"Jack, what was the homework for Language Arts again?" I asked him.

"Didn't you hear Ms. B?" he asked in a cruel tone.

"Y-yeah, I just forgot to write it down," I mumbled.

"Stupid," he said.

"What?" I asked. "Jack, I trusted you to be nice, I gave you my trust and you threw it away."

"Build a bridge and get over it!" he spat.

I ran to the bathroom and cried, creating my eyes to become puffy.

He doesn't like you, he didn't think your trust was good enough for him.

I hate Jack. I hate life. I hate me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi lovelies! This is the last update on this book today, and I hope you enjoyed 2 updates. The flashbacks for this chapter are in Italics, just in case you didn't catch that. Hope you liked!
XO,
Mackenzie