3

Later that same day, you were working your shift at Starbucks. You were at the counter, taking people's orders and specializing them if necessary. It was just a boring day at work, and you couldn't wait to get back to your two dogs, Max and Ruby, at your apartment. You looked around the busy coffee shop, taking in the many different people around you.

A guy stepped up to the counter. You took notice of his flaming red hair, guessing he was either punk or emo.

He smiled at you. "Good morning. Could I please have a regular black coffee and a caramel latte?"

You nodded, typing that into the computer in front of you. "Of course. Is that all?"

"Can I also have your number?" He asked, leaning against the counter?

You laughed. "Smooth, but no. I'd rather get to know the person first."

He laughed. "Well, sorry Ethan."

You blushed, but didn't say anything. You summed it up. "That'll be $4.95, sir." He swiped his credit card and backed away from the counter.

Another man stepped up to the counter, a small scowl on his face. "Sorry about Mark. He can be a bit overdramatic sometimes."

"Oh, so that's his name." You wrote it down on his receipt he forgot to grab. "Anyways, what would you like?"

He smiled. "Caramel latte, as well. But double the foam and caramel drizzle."

You put it in the computer and looked up at him. "Is that all, sir?" He nodded. "That'll be $2.17." He also swiped his card, and ignored the receipt. "What's your name?"

"Ethan." He said briskly. He stepped away from the counter.

You took a couple more orders, before you switched positions with a coworker, so you started delivering drinks to tables. Soon, you got the orders from the two men, and found them sitting at a booth with two other girls. You walked over with their drinks.

"Black coffee, regular caramel latte, and a caramel latte with extra foam and caramel." You gave the drinks to each person they were going to, and tried walking away.

Ethan put his hand on your arm. "Hey, what's your name?"

You were about to answer, until your manager yelled. "Sofia! (Y/n)! Get back to work!"

"Yes, sir!" You and your coworker, Sofia, yelled back. You rushed over to the counter to collect the next order. You looked back at Ethan, who blushed with embarrassment.