57

"You're getting married?"

You blushed, rubbing the back of your neck. "You don't have to scream it, Amy."

You had decided to take a trip to see Amy and Mark, while Ethan was recording for the day. You had files and finished scripts to give Mark, anyway, so it didn't seem like much of a problem.

Amy took your hands, pulling you off of the couch. "I can't believe it! You two are getting married! Oh, I knew it would happen soon, especially after the two of you talked about it so much!"

Mark came in from his recording room, holding a hard drive and looking confused. "What did I miss?"

Amy grinned at him. "Ethan and (Y/n) are getting married!"

Mark dropped the hard drive. "...what?"

You nodded. "It's true."

He grinned at you, picking the hard drive. "That's awesome! I'm happy for you two."

You sighed. "Me, too."

Amy's smile fell as you sighed. "It doesn't sound like you are."

You sat back down on the couch, resting your chin in your palm. "I am. It's just... well, my parents got married early, too, and they had a lot of problems. I always connected those problems to an early marriage. I'm scared that the same thing will happen to us."

"Did you tell Ethan about this?" Mark asked, to which you nodded. "Good. I don't think the same thing will happen- you two are both dedicated, hard-headed people, and when you want something, you're going to get it. Do you believe me?"

You nodded. "I believe you." You fell silent, biting your lip. "Can you tell me... do you know if Ethan has ever... tried to rape someone?"

Amy gasped. "Where in the world did you get that idea?"

Mark sat next to you. "Were you raped before?"

"Almost. Ethan knows about it. He seemed disgusted, but... I mean, like the guy who tried to do it all those years ago, some people can fake it really well."

Amy put a hand on your arm. "Do you really think Ethan would do that to you?"

You shook your head. "No. It's just... since he stared asking, all of my fears have been coming back to haunt me."

"Oh, honey." Amy sat on the other side of you, pulling you into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry you had to deal with all of that." She pulled away, holding you at arm's length. "Listen. Ethan is one of the best guys I have ever known. Mark can agree with me." You looked at Mark, who nodded. "We both know and can tell you that Ethan has never done something like that, and the thought has never crossed his mind."

"We also know that Ethan loves you." You turned to look at Mark. "Since the two of you started to talk, he can never shut up about you. I mean, whenever he comes to the office, all he can talk about is you. I think he's waited a long time to love someone like you, and I know that you feel the same way. So if you had any doubts about him before, get them out of your head. He's a sincerely nice and good guy, and I'm glad that you two found each other."

You smiled at him. "Thanks, Mark." You looked at Amy. "You too, Amy. You two are the best."

Amy smiled back at you. "Don't mention it."

"Seriously." You continued. "Is there anything I can do to make it up to you two?"

"Live happily with Ethan." Mark said, then shrugged. "Maybe invite us to the wedding."

You grinned. "Of course. We wouldn't let you guys miss out."

The two ushered you outside and to your car. Mark gave you the hard drive, then waved as you drove back to your house.

Ethan was finished recording, and he was in the living room watching a movie. He smiled as you walked in, and you sat next to him.

"How was it?" He asked gently, kissing your hair.

"It was fine. They took it really well. They said they were happy for us, and we have to invite them to the wedding."

Ethan laughed. "Of course they're invited."

"That's what I told them."

Ethan started to play with your hair. "I love you. So much. You know that, right?"

You nodded. "I do. And I love you, too."

"God, just get married already."

You turned to Rose in the doorway, sticking your tongue out. "Give us some time, alright?"

"Nah, I think I'll just keep pestering you two about it."

Ethan threw a throw pillow at her, which she caught with ease. "Brat."

Rose laughed. "Takes one to know one." She threw the pillow back, hitting Ethan's head, before running upstairs.

You laughed. "Are you sure you want to be a part of this family?"

Ethan grinned. "I am."