50

It was about a half hour before Sabrina made her way into the reception area. None of you noticed her until she was siting next to you.

"Sabrina! We didn't even see you come in!" Mark said.

"Because I'm a ninja." She smirked.

Ethan rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

You grabbed her arm lightly. "How is she?"

"Well, it took a while, but I'm pretty sure I broke her. She's asleep right now- I made sure of it before I left."

You threw your arms around her. "God, you're the best, Sabrina."

"Hey!" Ethan squeaked. You stuck your tongue out at him. "Wow, I see how it is."

"Ha ha, I'm better than you!" Sabrina said, rubbing it in his face.

Mark laughed. "You three, I swear to God."

Amy stood up from her seat. "Hey, (Y/n), come with me." She took your wrist, pulling you out of your seat and away from everyone else so they wouldn't overhear.

"Is everything okay, Amy?" You asked when she stopped walking.

"What? Oh, no, everything's fine. It's you I'm worried about.

"Me? Why me?"

"I have my reasons, and I'm going to keep them. But I will say that I think you should go to Rose's room. Right now."

You looked back at the group, seeing them talking to each other. Ethan glanced up at us, sparing a brief smile, then went back to his conversation.

You nodded, turning back to Amy. "Yeah. Yeah, you're right." You glanced at a nearby clock. "It's getting late. Why don't you tell everyone to go home and get some rest?"

"Even Ethan?"

You nodded. "Especially him. He'll only want to stay here with me. I can't let him do that. Not again."

She nodded. "Okay. I'll tell everyone." She hugged you tightly. "Good luck in there."

You squeezed her, then slowly pulled away. "I don't think I'll need it, thanks to Sabrina." She smiled at you as you walked down the hallway to Rose's room.

The door was already open, so you walked right into the room. The doctor from earlier was inside, fixing and adjusting her IV. He smiled at you as you came in. "I'm guessing you're staying overnight with her?" You nodded. "Great. Well, I don't think I ever introduced myself." He stopped messing with the IV and stuck his hand out to you, which you shook. "I'm Dr. Bruno. I'm guessing you're her mother?"

You smiled. "No, I'm not. I'm her sister."

"Ah, of course. And you are her caregiver?"

You nodded. "Our parents passed away a few weeks ago."

"Oh, I'm very sorry for your loss."

You shrugged. "I kind of saw it coming. Our mother's health had been deteriorating for years, and our father had a history of life-threatening tumors."

"I see. Well then, I'd best be off to take care of other patients. I'll see you in the morning." He quickly marked something in a clipboard before walking out of the room.

You sighed, realizing you were finally alone. You turned back to Rose, watching her chest slowly rise and fall with every breath as she slept. You sat in a nearby chair, staring off into space with nothing on your mind. Your eyes slowly began to close until you finally let your head fall next to Rose's. You easily fell asleep, thinking nothing but "please keep her alive."