29

"No!" You screamed, bolting up in bed. You looked around your bedroom, noticing the lack of Ethan. You took in the light starting to filter in through the window and figured he was in his recording room. You stretched and stood up, rendering it useless to try to go back to sleep. As soon as your feet hit the floor, a headache and nausea instantly washed over you. You clamped your hand over your mouth and sprinted towards the bathroom, vomiting into the toilet. You wiped your mouth with toilet paper when you were done, then spit and flushed. You shakily stood up and made your way to the kitchen, pouring yourself a cup of coffee and making breakfast.

Ethan emerged from his recording room shortly after, Max trailing behind him. He gave you a big smile, walking right up to you and enveloping you in a hug. "Good morning, beautiful."

You brought a hand to your head. "Ugh. Headache. Hangover. Too loud."

He laughed quietly, stepping back. "Sorry, I forgot." You reached into the medicine cabinet and grabbed a Tylenol, popping it into your mouth and swallowing it with a sip of your coffee. "Are you okay?"

You sighed. "Well, both of my parents are dead and I don't have any siblings or family members close by to run off and cry to. Other than that, peachy."

"I know, babe." He took your free hand. "I'm here for you." He smiled. "If you want, we can take the day off and just chill here. How does that sound?"

"Relaxing," You breathed. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He kissed your cheek. "I'll call Mark and tell him we're not gonna be at the office. You should put a movie in for us to watch." He stepped back, flashed a smile, then walked back into his recording room to make the call. You took a deep breath, collecting yourself, before turning on the television and putting on a movie. Ethan came back in just as it started playing, and you cuddled up next to him.

"You didn't have to stay with me, ya know." You muttered, burying your face into his chest.

"If I didn't, then I wouldn't be here to take care of you. What kind of boyfriend would I be then?"

"I guess you're right." You sighed, trying to relax. "I love you, Ethan."

He kissed your hair. "I love you too."