25

You woke up naturally, blinking against the bright sun that found it's way through your blinds. You looked next to you, seeing that the space was empty, but there was a post-it note on the pillow. You sat up to read it.

You were sleeping, and you were just too adorable to wake up. Come to the kitchen when you're awake. Love you.
~Ethan

You smiled as you finished reading, then looked at the time- it was almost nine. You got out of bed, grabbing your phone before exiting the bedroom.

The smell of bacon and fresh coffee hit you as soon as you walked out. You took a long, deep breath, sighing with your whole body. You made your way into the kitchen, spotting Ethan at the stove, splitting bacon, eggs, and toast onto two separate plates.

He looked up at you and smiled. "Good morning. Sorry I raided your fridge."

You smiled back. "That's okay. I don't mind." You poured yourself a cup of coffee, then joined him at the kitchen table. "You didn't have to do this."

He nodded. "Yeah, I did." He carefully took your hand. "I don't know what caused you to have that nightmare, but whatever it was about... it scared you. And I know that you're not scared anymore, but I wanted you to know... I'm always gonna be here for you." He flashed you a smile. "And I'll be here, making you breakfast, any day you want."

You smirked. "So every day?"

"If that's what you want."

You leaned over and kissed him. "That's what I want."

"Then I'll be here." He rubbed his thumb across the back of your hand. "Babe?"

"Yeah?"

"...I think we should start talking about the future." He said quietly.

You put your coffee cup down. "Okay."

"We keep talking about staying with each other, and me staying over here now. But... I'm not sure if I can without-"

You cut him off, taking a bite of food. "You can move in whenever you want, Ethan. You already have the extra set of keys."

He stared at you. "...are you serious?"

You stared back. "Do you really think I'd let you keep the keys if I wasn't?" You took his other hand. "You've stayed here with me for the past two days. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants it to happen more." He blushed, nodding. "You can move everything here. I'm sure Max and Ruby wouldn't mind having another friend."

"But... my recording equipment... what would I do about all of that?"

"This is a two-bedroom apartment. I can get rid of the bed, and you can set up your stuff in there."

"But, babe... are you sure? I mean, this just started..."

You grinned. "I'm more than sure."