32

"You know, most people will take their significant other on a date for their one month anniversary."

Ethan laughed, saving his edit. "Well, we're not most people."

"You're right about that." You looked over the edit on your screen, scrolling back and forth over the footage that you and Mark accumulated over the week from filming "Wilford Motherloving Warfstache," groaning. "I just don't know what Mark wants for this. It has to be perfect, and yet I don't know what perfect is."

"Why don't you ask him about it?"

"Ask me what?" Mark asked, walking into the room.

"Nothing!" You answered quickly, turning back to the edit.

"She doesn't know how to edit the video." Ethan told him. "She doesn't know what you want."

"(Y/n), you know you can always come to me if you have trouble editing. Here, let me see what you have." You stood up, letting him take the chair. He reviewed the edit and nodded, standing back up. "I think it looks good, but if I were you, I'd have the beginning look dark- maybe in black and white- and when Wilford enters, brighten it up and add color."

You nodded, and your face brightened. "How about have the beginning in black and white, the dance scene in bright color, and when the music stops bring the brightness down slightly."

Mark smiled. "Perfect. Better get to it if we want to release it tonight." You hurriedly took the seat back and got to work. "Hey, wait a minute. Why are you two here?"

Ethan gave him a weird look. "Work."

Mark rolled his eyes. "I mean, why are you guys here instead of celebrating your one-month anniversary?"

"Work." Ethan answered again, as if it was a trick question.

"No. That can't happen." Mark pushed you out of the chair, taking your place. "Go. Get out. Have some fun."

You stared at him. "But Mark-"

"Don't even try." He placed a set of headphones over his ears. "I mean it. Go celebrate."

Ethan smiled, helping you up from the floor. "You heard him. Let's go." You giggled, following him outside and to the car.

"Did you actually have something planned for tonight?" You asked him as you drove down the street.

"Always." He took your hand and kissed the back of it. "But it's a surprise. I promise you'll like it though."

You smiled. "I trust you."

He looked at you seriously. "I love you. You know that, right?"

You nodded. "I do. I love you, too." You glanced at the road and screamed. "Ethan!"

Ethan turned his jeans and jerked the wheel to the side, but it was too late. Within moments, the other car hit yours head on. Your head went forward and hit the dash, causing you to black out.