21

A few hours later, Ethan walked you into the office. Mark was sitting there, along with his editor, Kathryn. Mark turned to you as you entered and smiled. "Hey, guys! How are you?"

You brought a hand to your head. "Not so loudly, please."

He scrunched his face in confusion. "Why?"

"Hangover." Ethan stated. "She doesn't want to get into it."

"Oof." Kathryn said. "I'm sorry. Hangovers are the worst."

"Tell me about it." You breathed. "So what's up? Why did you need to talk to me."

Mark stood up, grinning. "Congrats, (Y/n). You got the job!"

Your eyes widened. "I... got the job?"

Ethan nodded. "Yep!"

You turned to Ethan and jumped into his open arms. "I got the job!" You screamed, forgetting about your pounding headache for the time being.

"I knew you'd get it." Kathryn stated, smiling.

"Okayx first thing's first." Mark said when you stepped away from Ethan. "Do you know how to edit?"

You shook your head. "No, but I'm sure I can learn from these two."

Kathryn playfully hit your shoulder. "Of course we'll teach you. It'll be fun."

"Okay. Do you know what projects I'm working on?"

You shook you head again. "Not a clue. All I know is they're pretty huge."

"Yeah, they are. And I need all the help I can get."

You smiled. "Well, that's what I'm here for."

He grinned. "That's what I was hoping to hear."

"I'll leave you two to it." Ethan kissed your cheek. "Let me know all about it later. I gotta go. Come on, Kathryn." Kathryn stood up and followed Ethan to a separate room.

"Let's go to my recording room." Mark gestured for you to follow him. "It's much more private, and Amy's waiting for us there."

You followed Mark into his recording space, smiling to yourself. I think I'm going to enjoy this job.