10

Your alarm clock blared out loudly, waking you up instantly. You looked around the darkened room, curious as to why you set an alarm, and why you had to be up when the sun wasn't. You grabbed your phone and silenced the alarm. It was 5:02 in the morning.

Why am I up so early?

But then, a notification appeared where the alarm once was.

Ethan

Hope you're as excited as I am. I'll swing by at around 6 so we can go
to Mark's and drop off our dogs

You jumped out of the bed, realizing that today you were leaving with Ethan for the convention. You turned on the table lamp besides you to bring more light into the room. You blinked against the light, adjusting quickly. You spotted your suitcase near the door, and the clothes that were on top of it.

You quickly grabbed the clothes and stepped into the bathroom, taking a quick shower. You got dressed, then made your way to your vanity and did your hair and makeup. You grabbed your life token bracelet and put it on, then grabbed your suitcase and walked into the living room.

Ruby immediately jumped off of the couch, making her way over to you. You giggled, petting her and scratching behind her ears. "Good morning, Ruby." You sighed. "I don't think I'll last very long at the convention without you there." You heard a whimper from behind you, and turned to see Max sitting behind you. You smiled and pet him, as well. "You too, Max. I love the both of you."

You stood up and walked into the kitchen, making yourself a bowl of cereal and eating it quickly. You checked the time, seeing that it was 5:47. Ethan should be here any minute.

As if it was a miracle, the doorbell rang. You ran over to it and threw the door open, seeing Ethan standing there with a bright smile on his face. "Come on in. I just need to do some last-minute packing and then I'll be ready."

Ethan nodded, walking in and closing the door behind him. "This is a really nice apartment."

You blushed, walking to the kitchen. "Thanks."

You put your bowl and spoon in the sink, then walked to your bedroom. You grabbed a few pairs of earrings and a couple necklaces and bracelets, putting them in a Ziploc bag. You walked back out to the living room, where Ethan was playing with Max and Ruby.

You giggled. "You must really like dogs, huh?"

Ethan looked up at you, then stood up. "Yeah. I always have."

You put the Ziploc bag in a small pocket of your suitcase, then grabbed your purse and bookbag from off of the couch, putting them both on. You walked to the entryway, getting the dogs' leashes. They instantly ran up to you, thinking that they were going for a walk. You hooked the leashes to their collars.

"Ethan, could you get my suitcase?" You asked as you fished your keys out of your purse.

"Yeah, sure."

Ethan grabbed it, then followed you out of the apartment. You locked the doors, and you both made your way to Ethan's car. You put Max and Ruby in the backseat with Ethan's dog while Ethan put your suitcase in the trunk. You hopped into the passenger seat, setting your bookbag by your feet and putting your seatbelt on. Ethan joined you shortly, and the two of you drove off to Mark's house.