52

"If you even think for one minute that you're leaving me alone in this place, I will kill you."

You giggled, taking Rose's hand in yours. "I'll only be gone for a couple hours. I have to go help Mark film his project. Ethan will be here with you, and Uncle Joshua will be here soon."

"You're not leaving me alone with that blueberry."

"Hey, I'm right here!" Ethan yelled from his chair.

"You'll be fine, I promise." You leaned down and kissed her forehead, pulling your hand away. "I'll be back soon, I promise." You looked over at Ethan. "Take care of her, please. Let me know if anything happens."

Ethan smiled at you. "I will, I promise. There's nothing to worry about."

You nodded, glanced at Rose, then left the room. You let go of the breath you had been holding as you exited the hospital, walking to your car. It took an incredible amount of effort for you to pull out of the hospital parking lot. You cranked up the volume on the radio, trying to get your thoughts off of Rose.

You pulled into the parking lot of a roller rink, which was almost halfway full already. You shut off the car and got out, walking into the rink. There was a small crowd of people gathered in a circle in the middle of the room, all surrounding Mark, who was wearing a fake mustache and a pink afro wig. He looked up and saw you, excusing himself from everyone and jogging over to you.

"(Y/n)?" He asked. "I gave you the week off. I didn't even tell you we were filming today. Why are you here?"

You shrugged. "I needed some air. And Ethan told me about it."

Mark shook his head. "No. Go back to the hospital."

You stood your ground. "No. Mark. Please let me help."

Mark looked into your eyes. His face softened when he noticed the sadness, guilt, and hopelessness in them. He nodded. "Okay. Well, we need help filming, if you're up for it."

You nodded. "Just tell me what to do."

He lightly grabbed your arm. "(Y/n)... everything will be okay. She'll be okay."

You sighed. "I know. I..." You looked around to make sure no one was listening. "I just feel so... helpless. If I would've known, I could've done something to help..."

Mark was nodding. "I know how you feel. All you can do right now is be there for her and help her when she needs it. You know now, and that's all that matters."

You nodded. "I know. And that's why I came here- not because it's something productive, but... you know what I'm going through."

Mark smiled. "Yeah. Maybe we can help each other."

A taller man approached you two, smiling. He clapped Mark on the back. "Mark! How are you, man? Thanks for asking me to do this."

"Nick! Thanks for coming!" Mark gestured to you. "Nick, this is (Y/n). She'll be helping out today."

Nick held out his hand, and you shook it. "Good to meet you, (Y/n). Now, let's get this show on the road!"