You get a pet together!

For the sake of this preference let us pretend that the two of you live together.

Beck: I sat on the couch, a large box with holes in it and bow on top in my lap, a giant smile on my face. Beck's birthday had finally arrived and I had found the perfect present for him. I had searched far and wide for a good deal and everything I needed but I had finally achieved it. My face got impossibly brighter as I heard the familiar sound of my boyfriend's keys jingle in the doorknob.

"BABE! I'M HO-oh" Beck called but quieted as he saw me right in front of him. "Hey, Babe!" I greeted. Beck looked at the box suspiciously, "Hey honey." He greeted. I smiled as I motioned him forward. "Happy birthday!" I said motioning to the box in my lap. Beck gave me a playful glare "I thought I told you to not get me anything!" He exclaimed. I grinned, "I couldn't help myself." I claimed. Beck stared at me for a bit. "Well? Come open your gift you weirdo." I told him. He rolled his eyes but approached.

Beck's hands gripped the lid and he pulled the top of the box off peering in with excitement and wonder. He gasped at the sight inside. It was a Rottweiler puppy! For as long as I had known Beck he had always wanted a rottweiler. So I figured, I might as well get him one. Beck gingerly set the lid down and reached into the box and pulled out the black and brown puppy.

As Beck brought it into our field of vision the puppy opened its mouth and let out a huge yawn. "He's so cute!" He exclaimed. "She," I corrected him. He gave me a smile and set the puppy down on the ground. Beck wrapped his arms around me. "I love you so much!" He exclaimed. I giggled and hugged him back. "I love you too," I told him. As we were still intertwined in our hug, the puppy jumped up onto my lap and wiggled her way into our hug. This caused us to laugh and separate. "She still needs a name," I said gently. Beck looked up at me with a big grin. "How about we name her...."

Andre: I laughed as the carnie handed my boyfriend the bag containing our prize. "I told you that you didn't have to do that. You just wasted ten dollars on a fish that you can buy at Petsmart for a dollar." I said with a laugh as we walked toward the booth that was selling funnel cake. Andre laughed with me. "I know, but I also know how much you wanted one. I know that your family used to come to the carnival and without even trying your little sister would be able to sink it in and get a fish. But she would always give it to you because she knew how much you wanted one but you can't aim worth a crap." (Me projecting? Never)

I looked up at my boyfriend's smiling face. "What did I ever do to deserve you?" I asked. As if it were possible, his smile grew wider and he shook his head. "I think it should be I who were to ask you that question." I rolled my eyes before looking at the Boyscout in front of me and ordered one funnel cake. I had the boy a five dollar bill as he handed me a ticket. We made our way to the other line to wait for our cake. "After we get our funnel cake do you want to go to Petsmart to get a tank and food?" Andre asked, wrapping his arm around me. I grinned and nodded. I cuddled myself closer under his arm. "I think we should call him Thomas," I told my boyfriend. Andre pressed a kiss to the top of my head "I think Thomas is a wonderful name."

Robbie: I looked around and marveled at the beautiful sight of the carnival booths. Both my boyfriend and I hate rides so we come to the carnival to look at all the things they sell. "Look Robbie! Fudge!" I squealed. He chuckled at my childlike reaction. "Okay, you big child. Let's get you some fudge." I giggled with joy and began dragging him over to the fudge tent.

*Time skip*

After looking through all of the little booths, Robbie and I made our way over to the games. As we made our way through the grounds we heard a carney call out "Win a pig! Guess the weight and it's yours!" I gasped and turned to Robbie. He looked down into my puppy dog eyes and sighed playfully. "What am I going to do with you?" He asked. I grinned, "Win me a pig." Robbie chuckled, "Come on. Let's get that pig."