Red String Soulmate AU

Hello my lovelies! How have you guys been?! I missed you all very much, but I am really happy I had that break in order to come back with a clear head to provide you guys with content that I'm proud of. Also I'm sorry I'm a day later than I said I was coming back, this took a little longer than I planned to write but I hope you enjoy!

This is a soulmate AU, requested by minutiaaa! 

In this AU there are a bunch of red strings connecting people to their soulmates. Only a select few in the universe can actually see these red strings. I have decided for selfish purposes that you can see the red strings. I have also decided that you can turn off the red-string vision if you want because I think that would be super duper distracting, seeing all these red strings all the time.... But I've also decided that if you're tired they come back because it's harder to keep them at bay. Anyway, if you have any questions about this AU, please feel free to ask! Thank you!

Beck: *In this preference, Beck and Jade never dated*: I stood up with the rest of the audience, clapping really loudly for my best friend's play. Jade and I have been best friends since the first grade. I was both extremely happy and sad when she told me she was accepted into Hollywood Arts. I was so proud of her and her talents, but that meant that we would be going to two different high schools and wouldn't get to see each other as much. But we still made it work.

Jade had told me about this play that she wrote and directed and she told me it would mean a lot to her if I would come and see it. Of course I would, I will always support my best friend. And I mean I knew Jade was talented, but I didn't know she was that talented. I waited until a lot of the theatre was cleared before rushing down and hugging my best friend.

"Holy crap Jade! I knew you were good, but that was so so so so good!" I exclaimed, my head buried in her neck. Jade let out a chuckle and slightly pushed me back, "Thank you Y/N/N. It really means a lot to me that you came." "I wouldn't have missed it for the world."

Just then a flash of red flew past me and launched itself into Jade's arms. "Babe! That was so good!" The red-headed girl cheered. Jade leaned down and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "Thank you honey..." Jade looked back up at me and I stared at her with a raised eyebrow. I allowed my gaze to travel to the center of their chests. A bright red string appeared, attaching the two girls together, causing me to beam. "Y/N, this is Cat-" "Your soulmate." I quickly interjected with a big smile, cutting Jade's sentence off. My words caused Jade to grin, "Really?" I let out a little laugh and nodded my head, "Yeah Jade. Really."

Jade quickly turned and pressed a kiss on Cat's lips. "Okay, okay, that's enough PDA you two." A male voice sounded from behind me. Jade pulled away and gave a playful glare to the person behind me. I turned around and was met with the most beautiful brown eyes I have ever seen. "Shut up Beck. You're just jealous" Jade teased. 'Beck' let out a chuckle, "Whatever floats your boat." he teased back.

The two of them continued their playful banter, allowing me to think to myself. 'This is the most gorgeous man I have ever met...' I thought to myself, Okay Y/N, you're going to take a quick peek at his chest. Don't get your hopes up. Okay, ready? One, two, three.' I quickly looked at his chest and found his red string. It was jutting straight out and connected with mine. I took a slight step to the left and it followed, causing me to gasp. It was really him.

Jade and Beck fell silent at the sound of my gasp. "Jade, who's your friend." Beck asked. Jade didn't respond right away. She stared at me with a raised eyebrow before looking between Beck and I. "For real Y/N?" Jade questioned. I broke eye contact with Beck to look at my best friend, "For real." Jade let out a laugh before turning back to Beck, "Well Beck, this is Y/N. Your soulmate." Beck's eyebrow shot up. "My soulmate?" Beck asked confused. I nodded, "Yeah, I can see the strings and well our connect."