TWO

A FEW HOURS after a massive, delicious meal and meeting the rest of my fellow writers, I was decked out in my onesie and ready for bed

"You seriously brought a onesie to camp?" Hoseok asked as I stepped out of the bathroom, playing with the emoji plushie I carried with me in the bus.

"Yeah, I'm just glad I packed it in by backpack instead," I told him, plopping down on his bed. "I'm bored."

"Let's get to know each other then," he suggested. "Firstly, how old are you?"

"Well, I'm turning 20 in July," I replied, adjusting my position. "You'd better not be an old pedophile or I'm ditching."

"One, I'm only turning 22 on the eighteenth next month, which means I'm not that old to be a friend, princess," he said smugly - I rolled my eyes at this - before a look of complete shock replaced it. "And two, how are you only nineteen? This is an advanced course for university!"

"I'm a smart kid," I replied after a shrug. "Anyway, what are some of your hobbies? I'm a dancer."

"No way," he whispered, "so am I! I've been doing pop-n-lock as soon as I learned how to walk."

My eyes widened in shock. "Me too! I started off with ballet then took more of a liking towards hip hop. Who knew?"

"I know, right?" He said lying down next to me. "Damn, I really want to keep in contact with you after this camp. You sound like quite the character."

I scoffed with a snug look on my face. "You haven't seen anything yet. I mean, I haven't even told you about The Great Escape from the Love Dungeon, a perfect tale of Valentine's past."

Before I could continue with the story of how Jordan and I messed with the Valentine's Dance in high school, a loud explosion sounded from the other side of the lodge.

I bolted up from the bed. "What the hell was that?"

"I don't know, but I have a feeling that we'll need to make a run from something," Hoseok said, reaching for both our takkies from when we arrived. "Get your shoes on and repack your backpack, we need to go to the kitchen."

I had a feeling that I should trust Hoseok.

You just met the dude! But true.

I grabbed my emoji plushie and stuffed it in my bag along with my earphones. My clothes and jacket from earlier were already at the bottom and I brought my library on my phone instead of bringing a book with me.

With the straps around my shoulders and hoodie on my head, I shoved my feet inside my shoes and quickly tied them as tight as I could before running out with Hoseok, who looked like me except he had his hoodie over his white shirt and long pyjama pants.

"I'm glad I brought this with me," he whispered, running down the hallway. "Look, Thanda, when we get to the kitchen, there's a few things that I need to tell you."