TWENTY NINE

I Hate Running...

There were six children in the castle's royal garden, a part of the fields reserved for the royal family and whoever they decided to invite to the garden - a high honour for the regular citizens but a regular occurrence for the group of friends chasing each other on the cobblestone paths.

Twelve year old Hoseok was flying with his best friend in his arms, since they were a team. They were looking for his older sister and her best friend to capture them.

"Seok, over there!" The boy in his arms yelled excitedly, pointing at the clump of pine and oak trees in the centre of the garden. "I think I saw Jordan's wand glowing in one of the trees."

Hoseok giggled evily. "They won't win this time, right Yoonz?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "I asked you to stop calling me that, it was a phase!"

"Heck no! I find it funny, so I'm going to keep calling you that and you can't stop me!" Hoseok teased, bending his neck slightly to stick his tongue out at his blonde friend.

Yoongi huffed. "Just get me close enough to scare them."

Before Hoseok could dive into the "Pinocchio forest" as they called it ("Pine and oak? Pine-oak? Pinocchio? Come on, I think it's cool." Hoseok recalled blushing hard when he told them his idea), he felt a rope circle round his ankle and tug slightly.

He looked down to see a chubby faced Blessing gazing adoringly at Dawon, who winked as she tugged the lasso wrapped around his ankle.

"Victory is ours!" Blessing yelled, expecting to have won already. "You've been captured!"

"That's where you're wrong, Bless!" Hoseok refuted, turning to his best friend. "Yoonz, shadow us into the forest."

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "I need an actual shadow nearby for that, genius."

"Oh... I forgot about that—"

"Surrender or die!"

Hoseok whipped his head around to see a set of silver wings hit him and Yoongi in the face, causing him to lose his grip and drop his friend.

"What the hell?" Yoongi screamed at his attacker, landing perfectly on his feet.

"I didn't realise this game was exempt from the no injuries rule. He could've broke his neck!" Hoseok yelled down at the sneaky pair below him, slowly gliding down as he spoke.

"He's fine, Hoseok," Dawon said, rolling her eyes at his reaction. "Also, since Bless and I captured you, we deserve your flags."

"No way, you guys cheated!" Hoseok yelled, stomping his foot. "We said only one weapon each team and you let Blessing choose the Nunchucks. Where did the rope come from?"

"One of the vines from the forest," Blessing told him, looking sad. "I thought we could use whatever we find."

"And yet, Jordan allowed a ten year old fly with her inexperienced rune magic and spell casting." Yoongi scoffed and crossed his arms, turning to the youngest of the group with a worried look. "What were you thinking using that spell technique? I haven't even taught it to you yet."