THIRTY FIVE

Soft Pillows and Hard Words

It burns.

Once again, ironic for the guardian of the fire jewel.

Every fibre in Jungkook's body felt like it was kindling to his own element and he could do nothing but endure the pain until it was over.

When that was, he didn't know, nor did he care. All he wanted was for it to be gone.

The figurative drills in his head left gaping holes for the fire in his body to fill. His arms felt like they were still burning. His chest was heavy with every breath he struggled to take. His legs felt disconnected from his body, yet they were the only part not in pain.

His mind suffered the most.

Why was I so blood thirsty for Namjoon? Was this Jordan's doing? Of course it was, everything went wrong when she appeared...with those red eyes...was that the part of her she can't control? What did she do to me? What did she do to Namjoon?

Despite the feeling of fire consuming his body, his thoughts were raging on, trying to process everything that happened. The new abilities, what Jordan had to do with all this, what happened after he passed out - his mind wouldn't rest.

He wasn't fully conscious while recovering. He'd wake up from a flash of red striking through a rainbow coloured formation, blood pouring from the cut. Or he'd be in so much pain that he could actually mutter a few words asking for any kind of help. Or he would be so deep into his thoughts that he would scream to stop them.

It didn't happen often.

In those few minutes of being awake before he'd pass out again, he was vaguely aware of a presence next to him.

At some point, this person held him during a screaming moment, whispering things like "you're okay, I've got you" and "breathe, Jungkook" in his ear.

At another point, he felt a cold substance on his forehead, ears and neck and assumed whoever was next to him took care of him the entire time.

I swear if it's Seokjin... That man needs a break from us.

It took all of his willpower not to scream for every waking second. He was constantly between consciousness and unconsciousness and he didn't know which to focus on. The grounding methods the person next to him used or the weird visions he kept getting whenever he slipped under.

He kept seeing two dark humanoid figures fighting, a different aura surrounding each. The figure with the sharp purple aura would always overpower the figure with the smooth, weak red aura. He didn't know what it meant, but he guessed it was related to Jordan in some way.

Note to self: ask Hoseok about that.

He mentally furrowed his eyebrows at that thought. Is that even a wise choice? He's his so much, who says he'll tell the truth?

He felt his heart clench at the memory of Thanda's face when she threw her ring at Hoseok. The tears were only more intense when he found her. And his yelling overwhelmed her and caused her to faint.

He sighed. How could I be so insensitive? Now she's in the hospital because of... all of us, honestly.

The only ones he couldn't blame were Seokjin and Jimin. Blessing knew too much to be innocent, Namjoon was the main reason they fought in front of her, Hoseok should've told the truth about the ring from the beginning and Jungkook should've been more attentive to how she was really feeling about all of this.

This team is a mess.

Jungkook heard soft whispers around him. There was definitely more than one voice, so he guessed Hoseok came to check on him. But there was an unfamiliar and panicked deep voice that spoke louder than all of them.