eighteen

Hani did something she had never done before in her life. She prayed for some luck and love in her future.

Summoning a demon took more work. There needed to be a proper ritual. But summoning an angel was much easier, and sometimes unintentional.

Hani accidentally summoned an angel. She couldn't see him yet. He didn't want her to notice him. He followed her around wherever she went.

Hani felt a little bit happier for some reason. Everywhere she went, she felt good about herself. Her breakup with Yoongi hurt her too much, but lately, she'd be feeling better about herself.

Yoongi specifically told her why he broke up with her. She was too much of a worrier, always got jealous, constantly went through his phone, and was always paranoid he was cheating on her.

Hani heard it before, but it hurt more coming from Yoongi. He opened her eyes by being blunt and truthful, unlike her other past boyfriends.

She wanted to go see Yoongi again and apologize. After that, she wouldn't ever see him or think about him again. With more positivity, she felt braver.

"Yoongi," Vyless murmured, "the doorbell is ringing."

"I know, Vyless. I can hear it."

"Then go get it," she responded, rolling her eyes.

Yoongi was shocked. She was fine an hour ago but suddenly started getting ticked off at the tiny things.

"I'm getting it," he said.

"Don't tell me you're getting it. Just get it," she said.

Yoongi was terrified of moody girls. He walked to the door and opened the door, his face turning into a scowl.

"Hani, I thought I told you—"

"I know, I know! I just want to apologize. I won't ever come here after this. I just want to live the rest of my life after knowing I apologized to you," Hani said.

As Hani talked to Yoongi, Vyless sniffed the air. She started quietly growling as she stood up from the couch and walked over to Yoongi.

Hani flinched by the presence of Vyless but continued talking. Vyless held onto Yoongi's waist and peered at the invisible space next to Hani.

"Thank you for—"

"There's a fucking angel clinging onto you like a helpless baby," Vyless interrupted Hani.