nineteen

Hani let out a confused and nervous laugh. "I'm sorry, what?"

Vyless pointed to her side. "I can see him. Are you going to come out?" she said out loud. "Or am I going to have to bite your master?"

Nothing happened.

Vyless shrugged. "If you don't believe me, then I guess I'll have to use force."

"Don't touch her with your filthy hands!"

A man suddenly appeared next to Hani and brought out his arm in front of her. Hani stuttered in surprise and backed away.

Vyless grinned, backing away to wrap her hands around Yoongi's arm. "I told you," she said. "Angels can't get past me. They reek."

The angel scowled. "You demons smell worse. Your kind is the definition of filth."

Vyless growled. "I would rip your throat out if it weren't for Yoongi."

"Tame little dog, are you?" he asked.

"Annoying little shit, are you?" Vyless repeated. "Get your ass and that stupid human out of here."

"I didn't even want her to come here. She just suddenly started driving here. You two have brought nothing but pain to her," the angel said.

"Then—"

"What the hell is going on?" Hani asked. "Who is he? And what are you talking about? Why are you talking about angels and demons?"

"Hani, don't be scared," the angel said. "My name is Taehyung, and I'm your guardian angel."

" 'Hani, don't be scared,' " Vyless mocked. "She should be. Your kind has massacred thousands of humans."

"That was the past! The angels who did that are gone now. We're trying to rebuild our community," Taehyung said.

"And I'm trying to not have sex with Yoongi tonight. Do either of our excuses sound believable? Tell your little human to leave us alone, okay? I don't want you near me."

Taehyung growled and grabbed Hani's wrist, pulling her away from Yoongi's apartment. Hani was confused but ended up simply following after the mysterious man in white.