Chapter 1, Charlie

Oh hello sailors! This is your captian here to tell you that this is my first ever real story, that I'll attempt to update as frequently as possible.

Now I am the author behind Charlie

As my friend Midnight is behind Khara.

Like I stated before this a collab between us two, and I'd expect there to be grammar and punctuation mistakes so please excuse those.

Now sail on my lovelies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie P.O.V

Charlie paced rhythmically the wide circumference of an old oak tree, it's wooden surface coated in overlapping names and hearts which where engraved.

The tree of forever, was it's title. It was said that if you where to imprint yours and any others name in which you held dear that your love with them would last as long as the very tree and grow as beautifully.

The large oak stood in the middle of an open plain which Charlie would cross when traveling town to town, and as well meet others quite often as he was that day.

As if on cue an invisible force shoved him forward into the dirt he had been walking on.

A smile was evident on his expression as he chuckled soon gathering the small muffled giggle behind him as the weight of the unseen figure was slowly lifted off of him allowing him to turn around propping himself up onto his elbows.

The bright neon green locks of a girl stood out in the dull canvas, a vivid smile playing on the girls face.

"So old man, what's up? Gonna tell me more about the governments secret plans?" The sixteen year old rolled her eyes at the last statement which earned a groan in response from Charlie.

"Yes, exactly. Marie I swear a war is coming, did you notice the heightening amount of special enforcement entering Lerswui yesterday? You know that they where all the way in Conswer last week training for the 'big' mission, why would they suddenly come here? Huh?" He tugged at the ropes which trailed from his hats, grip tightening as he continued.

"I guess every town needs to have it's friendly loon." Marie stated annoyed, pinching the bridge of her pale nose to emphasize her irritation on the brought up topic.

Charlie pushed himself up dusting the front of his jeans off before fixing his hat and turning around, pleas of protest coming from Marie varying from 'where are you going?' and 'why?'

But he continued walking agitated at how no one ever believed him, just a crazy coot to each person he had ever met. Suddenly something took hold of his elbow drawing him back, he was met with fiery eyes which where rarely serious.

"Where are you going?" Marie ordered like she was his mother, he answered as he released his arm from her grasp.

"Elzyon." He replied firmly earning a glare of confusion,

"The crazy people? The Clots?" She questioned as if he was crazy, which he was. It was one of the many boarded up towns which held the powerless, what they called Clots. Charlie simply turned around and began in the areas direction, answering her question without the use of his voice.