Chapter 32, Khara

Oh hello sailors! This is your captian here to tell you that this is my first ever real story, that I'll attempt to update as frequently as possible.

Now I am the author behind Charlie

As my friend Midnight is behind Khara.

Like I stated before this a collab between us two, and I'd expect there to be grammar and punctuation mistakes so please excuse those.

Now sail on my lovelies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khara P.O.V.

"My little threading thing..." Khara repeated. "It is called sewing, you know." She frowned a little and took a seat on the grass not too far away from Charlie, but not close enough to feel uncomfortable. Khara began to thread the needle again and looked down at her project. Though the work was time consuming and intricate, there was a sort of rhythm that she felt when sewing. She didn't hate it; perhaps she would find it more enjoyable if she had been given the choice to become a seamstress.

"I've never had a cinnamon roll," she admitted. "We eat rolls often, but I don't think we have this thing you call cinnamon." Khara shrugged. It never really bothered her to live plainly and grateful for what she had, but then again, she had never heard of what the people inside the walls didn't have. "I guess our leaders never saw a purpose in it," she shrugged. In Elzyon, indeed, the people live without extravagance since their society saw no need for embellishment, or unique flavors, or decoration.

Khara stopped stitching for a moment to smooth down her hair, realizing it was still messed up from when Charlie had ruffled it. She frowned a little as she realized her hair was still sticking up a bit. Ugh, thanks a lot... she thought with a slight look of displeasure at the red-haired boy. Khara finally gave up trying to fix all of her hair- she had patted most of it down anyways. "Why do you have such bright hair? Is that normal?" she blurted out. "You look like a lobster," she was about to say, thinking of her sister's comparison. Yet she refrained from such a comment, remembering that she was going to be patient and kind today rather than yelling at the boy or anything of the sort. Perhaps she had already been to forward with her question. Khara fell silent after inquiring about his hair color, her gaze quickly locking back onto the fabric in her hands.

There was something about Charlie that confused her, made her feel things she never knew existed so strongly. There was a desire to know things that appeared whenever she saw his smile, perhaps a jealousy for the things she had never seen- things she might never have the chance to see. But jealousy was wrong, Khara knew. She shouldn't harbor such feelings or passions for things she couldn't change. Change was something that rarely happened in these parts within the walls. Elzyon had been basically the same since its birth, and people always said that it has survived this long because of the solid way of life that never changed.

Khara knew her life was dull and boring compared to the other boy's, and she felt a bit sorry she had nothing exciting to tell him. True, she doubted he had seen much of the inside before, but she doubted that anything she told him or showed him would seem wondrous or even all that interesting.

"You mentioned someone named Beth," Khara offered quietly. "Would you mind telling me about her?"