Chapter 30, Khara

Oh hello sailors! This is your captian here to tell you that this is my first ever real story, that I'll attempt to update as frequently as possible.

Now I am the author behind Charlie

As my friend Midnight is behind Khara.

Like I stated before this a collab between us two, and I'd expect there to be grammar and punctuation mistakes so please excuse those.

Now sail on my lovelies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khara P.O.V

Though she normally kept her gaze down, Khara looked up and met Charlie's eyes as they re-introduced themselves. A small smile hinted at the corner of her mouth as she let go of his hand and turned her gaze to the basket. "What...is it, exactly?" she asked with curiosity. Indeed she was interested in food from the outside. Perhaps it wasn't even that different than what they had here. Khara grabbed her fabric in one hand and held her sewing needles within the folds as she examined the wall for a brief moment. She figured it must not be that difficult to climb if Charlie was able to do so, even with a basket.

Khara looked at the boy. Well, she had brought him here. Now, what to do, what to say? She frowned a little to herself after releasing a small set of words that sounded, and even felt foreign to her. "I'm glad you came." That was weird, and Khara wasn't sure if she liked how that sounded. Maybe it was a stupid thing to say. The brunette cast her glance to the side, hoping Charlie would just keep talking about whatever was in this basket. Her stomach let out a small grumble, seeing as it was nearing her normal dinnertime. Khara scratched her head a little awkwardly, anticipating his laughter.

The girl shifted a little uncomfortably for lack of things to say and watched as the sun started to sink in the sky. It looked like they had an hour, maybe two, before the sun fell completely beneath the wall. The girl turned to the boy and shrugged. "I don't exactly know what to talk about," she admitted quietly. "I suppose I was just worried you would go off and do something stupid and that I would be the one to blame," she said as if to justify her asking him to visit again. Khara didn't really understand why she asked him to come back- it was just something that had happened before she could think about it. Impulsive decisions made her uncomfortable. Charlie made her uncomfortable. Yet, such a discomfort didn't feel completely wrong- there was something, something that made Khara feel like that he belonged. No, that she belonged.

"Maybe I'm just crazy," she sighed aloud. Then she shook her head. "No...you're the crazy one," she said. "Hm, maybe we both are." Khara shrugged, seeming to settle on the last answer. "Well, I can't do much to help you," she said, returning her thoughts to Charlie's original purpose. "I don't know much about war or how to stop one at all. I can't just get up and leave, and I don't really understand what exactly it is you're trying to do, but I can listen. And if I can, I will try to find someone to help you."