Chapter 11, Charlie

Oh hello sailors! This is your captian here to tell you that this is my first ever real story, that I'll attempt to update as frequently as possible.

Now I am the author behind Charlie

As my friend Midnight is behind Khara.

Like I stated before this a collab between us two, and I'd expect there to be grammar and punctuation mistakes so please excuse those.

Now sail on my lovelies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie P.O.V

Charlie was pleasantly surprised by the girls firm shake, she still seemed a bit uncertain about him but it was expected. He only hoped that perhaps she recognized him from around mistaking him for some other stranger. Since it wouldn't be possible to say something like,

'Oh ya I just moved in to the house down the street.' Because the boy was certain about that single thing, that moving wasn't a thing he could use as an excuse.

"Khara?" He repeated the title of the girl with a small nod, a bit peculiar in his opinion but that was the thingit was his own thought which didn't matter in the end. It wasn't like him finding the name a bit odd would change it so he quickly brushed the thought away.

His hands began readjusting his stocking cap not minding his hair now as he saw it was a useless cause then looked ahead with a chuckle as he saw the form of the younger child running towards a single home much like those around it.

"Very energetic she is," Charlie grinned widely stating it as a compliment towards the youngin.

She reminded him of his own sister. Of course, she was to be 15 in the coming month on the 8th but he could imagine her still running around in their front lawn perhaps with some friends now.

The thought made his chest feel heavier and he bit his lower lip uncomfortably just as a new voice rose up from the distance, one of an women, no young lady.

Charlie looked up at the approaching figure straightening his posture and holding himself much more proudly mocking Kharas own stance. She seemed to be what he mentally suspected, her mother. A small alert went off within mind, as if a small part of his mind was yelling abort! Abort!

A memory from a year ago came to mind, one which reminded him of his first actual relationship. It had all been great, spectacular being an understatement. They couldn't go to many days from one another, but after a couple of months of being together perhaps seven if he remembered correctly she came up with the 'ingenious' plan of him meeting her parents.

The whole night her mother questioned him at the dinner table as she sat beside the man of the house, her father who held a firearm tightly. Charlie didn't know what they where expecting, but after that night he dropped the girl in a flash running away. That girl had been Marie, their still friends but her house is off limits to him. An area he will never approach once more.

The redhead physically shivered before the women questioned him if he wished to enter their own home with mock kindness as she mistaked him as a classmate of Kharas. At this he nodded with a sweet smile, putting on his gentleman act,

"If I may," he responded smoothly his smile both realistic and lacking no trait.