Chapter 31, Charlie

Oh hello sailors! This is your captian here to tell you that this is my first ever real story, that I'll attempt to update as frequently as possible.

Now I am the author behind Charlie

As my friend Midnight is behind Khara.

Like I stated before this a collab between us two, and I'd expect there to be grammar and punctuation mistakes so please excuse those.

Now sail on my lovelies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie P.O.V.

Charlie felt a bit of difference from the girl as their eyes met for a single moment before hers flicked downwards to the basket of treats he had been referring to. Beth often times would put together random sweets though baking was her career, constantly coming home with small amounts of flour clinging to the front of her clothes. The familiar sight of her new set of chopsticks sticking out of her bun even as it fell apart.

"Cookies I believe but on the top are wrapped cinnamon rolls I'm sure." He replied cheerfully knowing the scents anywhere, overly excited to see her reaction to the things he personally loved more then tinkering.

The red head played with the straying strings from his hat comfortably looking up to the girl as she began to speak. What feelings the words caused him to feel seemed to have melted into one another, relief, happiness, gratefulness all mixing into his reappearing grin. Raising his gloved hand he placed it on the top of Khara's head and quickly ruffled the brunettes hair like a big brother would. As he spoke he kept his hand where it was,

"I'm glad I'm here too, also I'm glad I wasn't stood up. Wouldn't that be embarrassing." The boy exclaimed not quite searching for an answer as he rubbed the back of his neck. To caught up in her words to catch the small dying whale noise within her stomach.(I just had to describe it that way xD)

Charlie looked upwards at the sky a moment catching only parts of the girls movements from the corner of his bronze gaze. The sky was as dull as yesturdays plagued with the same gray that seemed to have made its home above the town. He didn't know what else he was expecting, perhaps a speck of blue? A gleam of gold?

The teen didn't make eye contact with the girl continuing to skim the untouchable sky, did they even see stars at night? He came to wonder, mentally lost within his personal labyrinth it took him a moment once more to realize Khara began to speak again.

A small chuckle seeping out from his mouth when she finished, it seems she had changed a bit. Or perhaps today he was truly listening. Either way the girl seemed more open and expressive, not as much as he was but enough to prove his inner thoughts and opinions about her. Khara didn't belong in these walls, yesterday he came to the realization that before he believed that for the single reason because she lived inside the walls. And he instinctively thought that no one should be a Clot, but now he was basing it off of the type of girl he was meeting. She was just...Undeserving of such a black and white life when she had such colorful questions locked inside.

"Well how about us friendly coots sit down and talk, you can even do your little threading thing." Charlie proposed talking a seat once more crossed legged as he awaited the girl to sit upon the grass beside him or merely nearby.