Chapter 33, Charlie

Oh hello sailors! This is your captian here to tell you that this is my first ever real story, that I'll attempt to update as frequently as possible.

Now I am the author behind Charlie

As my friend Midnight is behind Khara.

Like I stated before this a collab between us two, and I'd expect there to be grammar and punctuation mistakes so please excuse those.

Now sail on my lovelies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie P.O.V.

As Khara spoke Charlie found his hand subconsciously slithering its way into the picnic basket, it's woven exterior brushing against his wrist as his hand took hold of one of the three cinnamon rolls. It's warm surface seeping through the thin clear plastic wrap as he mentally fought against himself about whether or not to take a bite. But without much thought he found his hands unraveling the sweet pastry from the wraps crinkling hold as his eyes examined Kharas hands. Her fingers weaving at a sort of pattern as they continued the fabricated piece,

"Sowing..." Charlie repeated as he observed the needles movements before taking a small bite of the frosting coated sweet. Gradually chewing as he pointed with his already occupied hand,

"My hat was sown I think. But we had a machine with a needle that went up, down, up down." As he explained he bobbed the finger upwards and downwards to make a visual of the needles effect. But all amusement was lost when the mention of her never experiencing the lucious and splendid taste of a cinnamon roll was brought up. His eyes staring her down for what felt like an eternity before he shoved the roll in her face the space between herself and the item being a few inches.

"By the name of a boy who wishes to leave a legacy I command you to take a bite of this. Right. Now." Charlie ordered his glare of determination locked on the girl as he awaited the action.

"For the sake of my sanity," he pleaded comically his red bangs dancing in front of his gaze. Although he was difficult to take seriously with the single smudge of creamy frosting at the edge of his pink lips.

But his furrowed brows softened as he came to the realization that he had just met Khara the other day and a slight blush appeared out of embarrassment from his actions. Bringing the cinnamon roll back to himself he leaned back against the cool wall before plucking off a smll piece and extending his hand out to her. Charlie's fingers held the piece delicately not wishing to mess it up in anyway. If she where to like it he'd give her a whole one, that was the current plan.

"My hair," he murmured as he recalled the memory of him dying it, ridding himself of his past jet black hair. And although he hated the idea of answering questions he began with a sigh before stating rather bluntly,

"Well its pretty normal to have crazy hair, yes. But some people aren't born with it like myself so I went to a shop and got it dyed red." Charlie explained taking another bite of the cinnamon roll before pointing at his hat and waiting for himself to swallow before speaking.

"And sometimes I can't really afford it and I tend to wear this hat to hide my roots. That's why." He finally concluded before letting out a small yawn and sneaking a glance at Khara for a moment indecisively. What he was trying to decide was unknown.

But he tensed when she questioned Beth asking if he minded the idea of talking about her. In which without much thought answered,

"Yes. I would mind." Although he was hoping he'd go on an adventure with this girl he wasn't going to tell her to much about himself unless she came with him and they had grown as companions since then.