Chapter 6, Khara

Oh hello sailors! This is your captian here to tell you that this is my first ever real story, that I'll attempt to update as frequently as possible.

Now I am the author behind Charlie

As my friend Midnight is behind Khara.

Like I stated before this a collab between us two, and I'd expect there to be grammar and punctuation mistakes so please excuse those.

Now sail on my lovelies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khara P.O.V

"Don't wander too far ahead," Khara instructed, sighing at her younger sister's enthusiasm. Khara, on the other hand, was feeling much less than energetic after a long day. She yawned and walked at a relaxed pace. Their home wasn't too far away, so she wasn't too concerned about Lyra getting lost or anything. Plus, the younger girl never wandered all that far off. She was fairly obedient, especially in that respect.

"Ouch..."

Khara glanced up to see a stranger standing in front of her little sister. Khara straightened up and quickly rushed over. She hadn't seen what happened, but it seemed the other guy was apologizing. "It's fine, sor-" Khara started apologizing for her sister as well but was then cut off by the little girl's loud inquiry. "What's that?" she asked, poking the guy's blue shirt. The girl had never seen a color so rich before. Khara noticed the blue too but was horrified at her sibling's rude behavior.

"I'm so sorry," Khara quickly explained, pulling the younger girl away. "Stop," she told her. "You're being rude. Now, apologize."

"Sorry..." the little girl said. Khara cast a quick, apologetic look at the stranger before leading her sister away. Who was that? she wondered. He looked...well...rather out of place, perhaps like a foreigner. Then she shook her head. Foreigners didn't come here anymore. Elzyon's gates had been closed for nearly a decade now. There was no way...

Still, Khara looked back at the guy, very confused but also interested. She had never seen him before that she knew of. He definitely wasn't in her class, that was for certain. She began to wonder if he was just a figment of her imagination. His bright hair wasn't easily hidden, and Khara found it quite peculiar. Though, she wasn't the only one.

"He looks like a lobster..."

"Hush, Lyra. You're being very rude. You can't say things like that," Khara reprimanded her sister.