Chapter 8, Khara

Oh hello sailors! This is your captian here to tell you that this is my first ever real story, that I'll attempt to update as frequently as possible.

Now I am the author behind Charlie

As my friend Midnight is behind Khara.

Like I stated before this a collab between us two, and I'd expect there to be grammar and punctuation mistakes so please excuse those.

Now sail on my lovelies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khara P.O.V

Khara knew what the anchor was, and if her sister really thought about it, she would probably remember too. In fact, the anchor was a well-known symbol in Elzyon. Maybe he really was from inside the walls. Then again, he spoke differently and acted differently than anyone from around here. She was trying to brush off the encounter as a fluke, but then she felt a hand on her shoulder and immediately tensed before turning to face the stranger once again.

'Who are you, and what do you want?' Khara was tempted to ask, if it wouldn't be rude to do so. Uncertainty was apparent in the girl's eyes as she pulled her younger sister protectively closer to her. Though, the guy didn't seem dangerous. She stared blankly at the young man. What was he talking about?

"I'm sorry, I don't understand," Khara said, blinking. "You're in need of food?" she asked. She tilted her head in curiosity and confusion. Maybe he hadn't gotten his allotted food, or the Ration Lines had run short this time around. Either way, Khara never minded helping a person in need, if that was the case.

"I can bring you something if you like," she offered, still not understanding his question. "I have to make dinner for my family, but I will save some for you." Indeed, Khara was curious about the boy's identity. It briefly crossed her mind to invite the boy to eat with them, but she wasn't sure if her parents would appreciate that.