Chapter 29, Charlie

Oh hello sailors! This is your captian here to tell you that this is my first ever real story, that I'll attempt to update as frequently as possible.

Now I am the author behind Charlie

As my friend Midnight is behind Khara.

Like I stated before this a collab between us two, and I'd expect there to be grammar and punctuation mistakes so please excuse those.

Now sail on my lovelies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie P.O.V

Charlie listened to his serene surroundings, each soft or loud noise contributing to a soothing melody in some way. The rustling of the leaves where like an act of percussion, distant steps keeping the beat steady. A single chime like a ring of bells, as he whistled an old lullaby to pull the song together. His eyes where lightly shut, his eyelashes mixing with one another as he only thought of the old tune. He still sat quietly upon the dirt not quite minding it as long as he was experiencing the outdoors. The heat of the woven basket warming his lap comfortably to remind him of its presence. The sweet treats hidden beneath the fabric flowing through the air around him, with a lazy hand he dragged his hat from atop his head placing it on top of the already covered desserts only to tug his hood up and over his head.

The black edge covering his tired eyes from the natural light of the sun, as he thought of Kharas whereabouts. Like he thought before there hadn't been a set meet up destination or a certain time. Biting his lower lip Charlie feared that he had perhaps came at the incorrect moment, or rather she had given an area but he had missed that zoning out as he normally would. But that seemed impossible, very naturally Charlies thoughts can get the best of him blocking him from reality and any conversations he could be apart of. But oddly enough that never occurred when he stood around Khara, he was constantly intrigued and curious as to what she had to say in a situation. So him missing something was unreasonable, he was sure they hadn't come up with a spot.

Prepared to stand he took a slow breath just as a set of approaching steps met his ears, they where light not those of a male or adult. Opening his eyes he lifted the lining of his hood to reveal the familiar face of the girl he had just been thinking about. She seemed to hold the obvious emotion of guilt it as clear as the nose upon her petite face. His observation was proven true as she apologized for her outburst which had occurred the day before reaching out her hand. The sight caused him to smile whole heartily, unable to keep it to himself. By how she had reacted to him doing the gesture yesterday it seemed it was irregular, alien to them. And to see her using it, it oddly enough filled him with an almost proud feeling.

As he stood up, standing a few inches above her he took hold of her warm hand.

"I've been looking forward to meeting you Khara," he shook her hand sincerely as his eyes where bright with cheerfulness,

"I'm Charlie Rose." He completed the sentence gazing into her bright orbs,

"Now Beth a dear women has given me these treats and I brought them here in hopes that you'd like a few." He proposed awaiting an answer from the brunette.

Though it was dull within the walls, it was as calm as he remembered. But they all seemed like trapped birds, kept away from the world by a cage. Taught to fear the people who held the key to unlock their single door, to bless them with their own form of freedom.

Birds deserve to fly, not to live with clipped wings.