Chapter 2, Khara

Oh hello sailors! This is your captian here to tell you that this is my first ever real story, that I'll attempt to update as frequently as possible.

Now I am the author behind Charlie

As my friend Midnight is behind Khara.

Like I stated before this a collab between us two, and I'd expect there to be grammar and punctuation mistakes so please excuse those.

Now sail on my lovelies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khara P.O.V

Khara continued her sewing silently. In fact, the whole room was nearly silent, save the sound of needles and threads in addition to the occasional whirrr of sewing machines. Khara sighed a little to herself. She should be using the sewing machines by now, but since she was falling behind most of her class, that wasn't an option at the moment. The sounds made a sort of rhythm, a comforting one. Khara noticed and smiled a little to herself. She had only heard music a few times in her life, but this must be close to such a thing, right? Some of the more liberal elders in Elzyon had told stories of the outside- how there was freedom and music and colors everywhere. Khara found herself fondly wondering about such places when she was younger, but now she understood the reason they stayed inside the walls. Freedom often lead to chaos, and chaos led to destruction. No part of her being wanted to see war or violence, so she intended to stay inside for the rest of her life as well.

"Lunch break!" one of the instructors called out. Khara stood like the rest of her classmates and stepped outside with her packed lunch. Sometimes she ate with a classmate or two, but other times she ate alone. Today was one of those alone days. Khara sat down on the grass and ate while watching the sky. However gray it was, she still found some comfort in the open air.