Chapter 10, Khara

Oh hello sailors! This is your captian here to tell you that this is my first ever real story, that I'll attempt to update as frequently as possible.

Now I am the author behind Charlie

As my friend Midnight is behind Khara.

Like I stated before this a collab between us two, and I'd expect there to be grammar and punctuation mistakes so please excuse those.

Now sail on my lovelies!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Khara P.O.V

Khara nodded, assuming she had successfully figured out what the strange boy was talking about. Maybe. He seemed a bit disappointed when she responded, so she was still a bit uncertain. Khara shrugged it off, not worrying further about about the subject. She stared at his extended hand for a moment, trying to remember the last time someone in this place actually made such gestures. She remembered some of the elderly people doing it, she thought, but the traditional gesture seemed to be fading with time.

She smiled slightly and stuck out her own hand, gripping his tightly for a girl her size. "Charlie? Well, pleased to meet you. I'm Khara, and this is my sister-" Khara turned to where the child was last standing but realized she was no longer there, but entering their home a few yards away. "Ah, well that was my sister..." she said. Then, she noticed a taller form coming out of the house and her eyes widened. Lyra must have told their parents about this strange guy who ran into her and was now talking to Khara- the girl would never keep quiet about something like that.

"Khara, can you come inside and-" her mother's voice stopped as she looked at Charlie. Confusion crossed her face as she stared at him. 'Who is this boy? And why is he talking to my daughter?' her face seemed to say, but then she turned her gaze to Khara. "Ah...is this one of your classmates? Why don't you invite him in?" she suggested hesitantly to be polite. Khara shook her head a little. "Mom, I- uh-" then she glanced back at Charlie and mentally sighed. He looked out of place- perhaps he was having an identity crisis and needed someone who would care for him without asking so many questions. "O-Okay. Would you care to come inside?" she asked.