Chapter One: The Jig Is Up

I clutched at the dog tags that hung loosely around my neck through my leather covered hands. It had been years since that night and I was twenty now. College seemed like such a long way away.

For years, my dad had taught me how to fight and how to survive. If you find a walker, you gotta stab it in the head. Guns cause more attention from other walkers, unless you got a silencer on it. I personally liked going for throwing knives, but I had a gun on me as well for special cases.

This was a special case.

I was surrounded by walkers in an alleyway, the only way out being over a wall which I certainly wasn't skilled enough to climb. I took a deep breath and pulled out my gun, aiming at one after the other. I shot and watched as their brains went everywhere, but the last shot just clicked. I was out of ammo. I groaned and stuffed it back into the holster, pulling out the rest of the knifes I had... Two. I threw them at two of the walkers. It wasn't enough and they were closing in fast. This was it. I was going to be ripped apart by walkers.

But you know what? At least I had a good run.

Then, I heard a gunshot from behind them, before another, and another. Someone was helping me. My eyes widened as the walkers turned away from me, only to be met with a bloody after-death-death. Once they were all down, I saw who my saviors were.

There stood about five men, all dressed in dark sort of biker gang outfits. I almost smiled, but they didn't look very happy.

"It's a girl." One called to the others as a white SUV sort of thing pulled up to the alleyway.

"You'll be coming with us." Another guy said, walking up to me to take my arm, but I pulled away.

"Don't get me wrong, fellas, I'm flattered. Thanks for the rescue and all, but I really should get going." I said, making my way back through the alleyway, but they looked like they weren't letting me go that easily.

"He'll want us to bring back something." I heard one guy mumble to his buddy.

"Yeah, but a girl?"

I felt someone grip my bag tight to stop me from moving and before I could turn to punch him, another guy grabbed my arms, leading me to their truck and throwing me in. A few hopped in with me before shutting the door and I frowned.

"Man, I didn't even get my knives back." I muttered.

"Funny." One of the men said, obviously not meaning it and I faked a grin.

"I know. One of my many charms." I retorted sarcastically, to which he just rolled his eyes.

"Keep that smart mouth of yours shut or you'll get that ass of yours beat." He said and I instantly shut my mouth, glaring daggers at him. I remembered the empty gun in my holster and began to think of a plan of what I'd do when we got wherever they were taking me.

Why are they taking me? There's got to be better fighters than me, or prettier girls somewhere out there.

The ride seemed to last for hours until it came to a stop. I didn't even make a move to get up until two of the men grabbed me by my upper arms and hoisted me up to my feet. The one that had been a huge dick opened the back door while the other two threw me to the ground. I let out a grunt as I landed before pulling myself off of the ground. Somehow in the action, my bag had fallen off of my back and as I went to grab it, a man stopped me, pulling me back to my feet to walk.

They led me barely even ten feet away from the trucks before one kicked the back of my leg, instantly making me fall to my knees. They kept their hands on my shoulders for a moment, instructing me to stay on my knees and I growled, staring at the ground as I thought about my plan.