Chapter Five: Fear

Negan and his henchmen brought me to a small opening before his men once again forced me on my knees in front of him. I grunted and kept my glare straight on the ground. The room was small and the only people in it were us, until he told his men to go away.

"Get Wade. Tell him to stay out until I call him." He'd said to them before returning his attention to me as his men found their way out. I didn't know who the hell Wade was, and, quite frankly, I didn't want to find out. "Listen here, doll. I like you." He said and I finally looked up at him.

"Thanks, but I'm not interested." I said and he let out a booming laugh before ending it abruptly, which startled me a little bit.

"Not what I meant. You can fight, you know how things work, and you're damn attractive. I don't want to kill you." He said and grinned at me. The grin itself, I'll admit, would be a nice grin if he didn't do it at the creepiest times possible. "I'm gonna make you a deal, sweetheart. You haven't hurt any of my men, but you did take me hostage, and for any normal person, I can't just let that slide around here."

"Get to the point, asshat." I said and he chuckled at the nickname, finding my swearing amusing.

"I can't let it slide for any other person, but if you were not any other person, then maybe I could let you get away with it this once."

"So your proposal is?" I asked, looking up at him as something seemed to glint in his eyes as if the idea he had was the best he could think of.

"Become my wife. You won't have to work another day, you'll be provided for, and I won't even make Wade-y boy come anywhere near you." he said, getting to eye level with me again, but keeping his distance as he'd learned from last time.

I thought about it for a good while. This man was utterly disgusting, and the thought of becoming his wife seemed delusional, but I was tired, I was hungry for good food and didn't want another day of walkers trying to eat my flesh. Was it really that bad to marry him? The more I thought about it, the more a small smile on his face seemed to form as if he'd already foreseen my answer.

When I'd made my decision, I let him know.

"I would rather die than be anything to you." I spat and the smile dropped as he nodded, standing up.

"All right. Have it your way." He said, moving away from me and towards the door. "Then I guess I have no other choice." He opened it and sharply whistled. "Wade. This young lady has a lesson to learn." he said as another man, a little younger than Negan, appeared at the door.

At Negan's words, he nodded and began to walk in, but Negan stopped him before he got too far.

"Remember, Wade. She may need to learn a lesson, but we do not break the rules, especially rule number one." he said in a dangerously low tone and Wade nodded once again. "Repeat it to me."

"We may murder, we may thieve... But we do not rape."

"Good man! Get on it then. Oh, and try to stay away from the face as much as possible." Negan said, winking at Wade before leaving. I stared at the new stranger and once Negan was out of the room, stood and lunged at him, practically throwing myself his way. His eyes widened and he tried to move out of the way, but I managed to punch his shoulder.

"What the fuck?" Wade asked, looking around for something to tie me down with. I took the time to run to the nearest exit, but it was locked.. From the outside. I moved back to try and kick off the door handle, but felt arms wrap around me and pull me back. I fought the grasp. He wasn't as big or strong as Negan, so there was a higher chance of me taking him on.

I somehow managed to knock us both down, but he turned so it was him on me. He sat up and held down my arms, moving to hold them with one hand as he pulled out a knife and pressed it to my throat. A disgusting smile crossed his face as he began leave small slices across my skin from my face down, and I let out short screams of pain. I'd definitely had deeper wounds in the last few years and all my scars were proof of that, but imagine somebody leaving huge bloody paper cuts all over your body. It fucking sucked.

"You know this would hurt a lot less if you weren't so tense." He said, making a long yet small cut across my stomach. Just like a long ass scratch.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Let me just relax while some guy decides to cut me with his dirty ass knife." I growled. He looked at the knife and nodded, putting it away. As soon as it was away, I pulled my hands down while kicking my legs up, throwing him off balance and completely off of me. I scrambled to my feet, letting out a shriek when he grabbed my ankle, pulling it out from under me as I fell, catching myself on my arms with a grunt. He took the time to stand up as I turned, glaring at him while blood ran down my skin. He nodded at me as if to get up again, which I did, pain shooting through the ankle he'd grabbed.

"Damn asshole." I muttered, throwing and landing a punch to his jaw, but that only lasted for a moment. The next punch I threw, he caught my arm and flipped me onto my back on the concrete. I groaned but quickly pulled myself to my feet. This time I waited for him to throw a punch at me before dodging. I went low and hooked my good foot around the back of his leg, pulling his leg out from under him until he was on the floor.

I immediately took the chance to make a wobbly run for the door again, but as soon as I kicked the doorknob off, I felt him kick my lower back. I lost my balance and fell into the door, which swung open with me now on the floor.

I turned to look at him and he tried to grab my arms. I lifted my legs and pushed him off of me, turning around to continue my escape. I was bloody and bruised, but I'd be damned if I didn't get out if here soon.

Of course, my escape didn't go as planned. Wade grabbed my legs and pulled me back despite me scratching at the floor to escape.

I was fucking done for.

Oh Mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the law.
Hangman is comin' down from the gallows and I don't have very long.