Chapter Eight: Replacement

I cocked an eyebrow at the sneeze as Negan's face looked like he had fucked up dearly. I slowly made my way to the door where the sneeze was behind, thinking he might stop me, but he didn't. I opened the door to find out it was to a bathroom and there sat some half naked girl, holding herself and her eyes went wide at me.

"Who the hell are you?" we asked in unison. I felt something in my heart and I couldn't really describe it as I looked back at Negan, who walked over to the door.

"Lou, meet um... Frankie, my wife." he said and I scoffed. So he had a wife all this time. What was that stupid proposal then? Actually, I don't care.

"I-Is she replacing me?" The redhead asked quietly, looking at me with quite a repulsive glare.

"Replacing you? You mean marrying him?" I asked and she shook her head, which confused me further.

"I thought you were already married now?" she asked. Now we were both confused and looked at Negan.

"Wanna explain something?" I asked, crossing my arms and he just groaned.

"Lou, you have your knife, can you just let me get back to what I was doing?" he asked and my eyes widened as the pain in my heart spread more.

"Wow, classy. Asshole." I muttered and walked to the door.

"What was that?" he asked on my way out.

"Asshole!" I shouted, walking out the door as I flipped him off behind me. The next thing I knew, I was pressed against the hallway wall so fast and hard that I lost the air in my lungs for a quick moment and gasped. My back was against the wall as Negan was in my face.

"I've really been putting up with a lot of your shit, Lou, but just because I like you don't mean I'm gonna let you disrespect me, especially not in front of my wife. You got heart and you're a good fighter, but don't forget, if I wanted to, I could and I would break you," he growled in my face and I nodded quickly. I hated how scared I seemed; the last thing I wanted to do was inflate his ego, but he could be intimidating. He cocked an eyebrow at me, "Words, Lou. You got 'em so use 'em."

"Okay, Negan," I said finally, not looking him in the eye. He let go of me and backed up.

"Give me ten minutes to finish up then we'll go on the run. You try and escape and next time I'll do it in front of you," he winked and walked back into his room, shutting the door on me. I stood there for a moment before sitting down against the wall. Honestly, I was so tired of trying to escape that I just decided to stop.

By the time he walked out I was visibly disgusted by the noises I heard coming from his room, and his wife, Frankie, quickly scurried out of the room, leaving with almost as disgusted a face as the one I had as she walked down the hallway. I looked at Negan, who was still buttoning up his pants, and grimaced.

"So, if I agreed to be your wife, that's what I would've had to go through?" I asked and he looked at me.

"I don't do anything nonconsensually. Frankie consented a long time ago," he said and I nodded, still disgusted, "Why? Do you think it'd be such a bad thing to screw me?" he asked and I actually thought about it. If only he had a nicer demeanor, he would be pretty attractive.

"You ever thought about being nicer?" I asked, standing up and crossing my arms as he grabbed his leather jacket from off the foot of the bed and laughed.

"Why? Would that change your mind on me?" he asked, and I nodded.

"Profusely," he turned to me, a look of thought on his face.

"Being nice doesn't make a great Leader," he shrugged, walking out of the bedroom and past me, raising a hand and making a gesture for me to follow, which I did hesitantly.

"Maybe not, but I wouldn't hate you so damn much if you were," he laughed once again.

"Honey, nobody would hate me so damn much if I was, but I'm not a man to be reckoned with. Being hated and feared and respected is so much better than being loved and stepped on," he said, looking back at me.

"How do you know your people would step on you? Or that they even respect you now?" I asked and he didn't respond, just walked until we got outside and to the trucks. There his men were waiting for him with bags and weapons. I didn't see a single female, and began to grow worried about what would happen to me on this run with all these dudes. One of the guy held out an extra bag to me, which Negan pushed me to take before we all got in the truck. Another guy drove while the rest of us sat back, I recognized him as Floyd and Harley was in the back with us. I guess they never went anywhere without the other or something like that. I inspected the knife Negan had given me as we rode, and stayed out of the men's talk. We finally arrived in what the driver said looked to be an abandoned town and they decided to set up camp in an old abandoned house.

I found my way to a bedroom in the house and threw my bag on the bed, it seemed like an old kids room. I knew better than to take the master bedroom, knowing Negan would probably want that one. I also figured that he probably didn't go on runs much and was only on this one to make sure I didn't escape due to the awkwardness of his men during the ride.

"This is my room for the night, you motherfuckers stay out, got it!" I shouted down to the rest of them. Soon, Negan appeared as if to inspect the room, finally shrugging it off as okay.

"You sure you wouldn't want to share my room with me, honey?" he asked with a wink, and I visibly grimaced.

"In your dreams, perv," I muttered, turning around and looking around the room as he howled in laughter behind me.

"Oh, you don't even know the half of my dreams, sweet thing," and with that I heard his footsteps as he walked away.

The room obviously, as stated before, belonged to a kid. There were toys all around. I checked around to make sure it was clear, although I think if there had been walkers inside they would've shown themselves by now. Luckily, none were at my throat just yet. I looked in the closet to find some bloody children's clothes and frowned, not even wanting to think about it. After going through years of this junk, it wasn't my first rodeo through a dead kids room.

Negan came back when it was time for dinner, which I didn't eat simply because I didn't want to be around him and his goons, and just decided to lay down and try to sleep. I didn't get much sleep, but finally managed to drift off.