(Chapter 2)

* Your POV as Jughead*

Ugh, it's the morning already? After hitting the snooze button a couple of times you finally give in and turn the alarm off to get up and off your bed.

You walk over to the small mirror in your room, comb your black hair back and slap on your gray beanie. What to wear? Hmm. you see a pair of black jeans with suspenders that fall down to the side and put those on. You keep on the same grey t-shirt with an 'S' on it, and layer it with your jean jacket.

"See you later dad" you shout out the door on your way out.

"Son" your dad calls back walking over to the door, "Let's do something special later for your birthday. Maybe dinner at Pops"

"Dad, you really don't have to do anything"

"No no, I want to. You only have a birthday once a year"

You force a smile, "If you insist" and continue on your way out to school.

                                    ---------------------

Why me? Why do things like this always happen to me. Being paired with Cheryl in Biology Lab is just the icing on the cake to this birthday week.

"Pass over the scalpel you hobo" Cheryl orders.

"Here you go, your majesty" you sarcastically reply.

"Let's get one thing straight here. If we are going to be lab partners, I can't have my grade lowered. So let's do what I say and no one get's hurt" Cheryl forces a fake smile, displaying her very red lipstick stained lips.

You just stare at her and continue to answer your pre-lab questions.

"The diameter of the frog's stomach measures two inches. Write that down" Cheryl barks.

"Okay, I'll measure the frog's legs" you respond picking up your ruler.

"No thank you, I will take it from here" Cheryl snatches the ruler out of your hands.

"Cheryl, this is not going to work. As lab partners, you're going to have to trust me with at least some of the lab." you calmly say while grabbing your ruler back. After measuring the frog's legs while Cheryl stares at you silently with intensity in her eyes, you add, "5 inch legs".

"Nice work Mr.Jones" your  teacher comments while passing your lab table.

"Why thank you" you respond followed by a smirk towards Cheryl.

"Fine. I'll let you take over some parts of the lab you goon" Cheryl gives in while letting you measure the rest of the frog before she begins the dissection.

The bell sounds off. You pop in your headphones and make your way down to the student lounge.

                                                ---------------------

"Juggie, over here!" Betty calls out to you as you enter the student lounge. You are grateful for this, not having to endure waiting for her among the other kids in the room. Whenever Reggie is in the room, no good will ever come out of that situation. Walking over to Betty, Reggie purposely sticks his foot out in front of you.

"Not today man" you say under your breath passing Reggie and sitting down next to Betty.

"Just ignore him Jug, he's trouble" Betty grabs your hand.

"Yeah, just ignore me Jughead... the same way I'll try to ignore the fact that your name is Jughead" Reggie calls back out to you.

You don't respond, like you always do, and try to enjoy your time with Betty, but he doesn't give up.

"Hey Jughead, what's it like being a super dark loner freak with a girlfriend who couldn't be more opposite from you?" Reggie retorts loudly.

You ignore him.

"Hmmm? Answer my question dufus." Reggie continues.

"That's not my name Reggie. Like you said earlier, I will only respond to Jughead. And for your information, Betty and I couldn't be happier." you finally respond calmly from your seat with Betty by your side.

"Well you may be happier, but I don't know if Betty would agree" he goes on.

"Oh shut up, Reggie!" Betty chimes in.

"Aww, how cute! Betty fighting your battles Jughead"

"At least I have a girlfriend. Can't say the same about you... I wonder what that says about you?" you tilt your head towards Reggie while finishing your last word.

"That's it, come here!" Reggie bolts at you.

Bracing for an impact, you open your eyes to see that Archie had jumped in between the two of you. Where did Archie come from? I guess he was listening in to this conversation.

"Leave him alone Reggie" Archie instructs Reggie.

"Wow, look what we have here! Archie did you go to the dark side too with this punk?" Reggie questions pointing to you.

"Just stop picking on him!" Archie shouts while pushing Reggie back.

This move makes Reggie fume with rage, and he gives Archie one punch to the eye, knocking him out cold.