Family Reunion(Chapter 10)

* Your POV as jughead*

"Jughead? Jellybean?" your dad calls out as he walks into the living room with your mom.

You both look up at him and don't say anything. You can see your parents are in a better place to now begin sitting down as a family and start talking about what is going on.

"Ok, so look..." your dad begins while him and mom sit down on the sofa facing you and Jellybean, "things are still far from perfect. But, we've decided that mom and Jellybean will stick around in Riverdale for some time."

We are all still in silence until dad continues talking.

"Jellybean, you and mom will live back home." dad looks into Jellybean's eyes.

"We're not leaving again?" Jellybean asks looking at mom with a hint of worry in her voice.

"No, baby. We're not leaving.... I can't say I know where the future is leading us. But for now, we're going to move back in with your dad and brother". mom responds putting her hand on Jellybean's shoulder.

Jellybean begins to break down crying. It looks as if she was holding in a lot of energy and she is now releasing it all at once.

You hug Jellybean and try to comfort her.

"What do you say Jug? You're awfully quiet" dad looks at you after Jellybean calms down.

"I think this is..." you pause looking at Jellybean who is looking at you with wet glassy eyes, "good. This will be good for us."

"That's it? Man, we're reuniting back as a family" dad half laughs at you.

"I know, I'm happy about it dad." you answer back a bit annoyed at him giving you the business and then add, "I just don't want false hope.... I hope we actually manage to stay together for good this time."

"Honey, I promise that for the time being you're sister and I are not leaving. I'm not going to do that again to you. You are my son and things were different then. Your dad and I were different people then; people without direction and a lot of hurt built inside us. Now we are both on better paths." mom says to you wide eyed.

"Ok, thanks mom." you say feeling your eyes water up but manage to hold it together.

Mom pulls you and Jellybean in for a hug, "I love you both so much."

You feel an addition to this hug and look up to see your dad join in. This moment is everything to you.