Revenge ( Chapter 27 )

* Your POV as Alice *

If this punk thinks he can come into your house and play by his own rules with your daughter, then he has another thing coming! Jughead might be smart with his mouth, but you have one thing over him that he will never see coming. And that is the ability to call his father, knowing he can make that boy's life a living hell.

You dial the phone to call FP. You miss this. You would be lying if you didn't admit to yourself how much you miss FP Jones. Ever since his reunion with Gladys, you can't help but hate his wife and despise the relationship they are now rekindling.

"Hello?" FP answers in a low voice, sounding like you just woke him from a nap.

"Are you aware that your son is now an owner of hearing aids?" You spat out while keeping an eye on Betty and Jughead walk up to Betty's room.

"Oh good, they came in.... wait..... Alice?" FP begins to sound confused as to why you are calling after the last horror of a dinner.

"You should be careful. If you don't keep a better eye on him FP, he is going to end up getting pretty hurt." You snap.

"Is that a threat woman?" FP growls back.

"No threat FP. If your smart mouthed son gets hurt, you have no one to blame but yourself and of course...." you sigh while narrowing your eyes at the bracelet you still wear that FP bought you for Valentine's day, ".... your wife."

"Leave Gladys out of this Alice! You know I didn't have any control of her coming home when she did. I still...." He raises his voice and then brings it way down to a whisper, ".... have feelings for you..."

You shudder from the thought and can't help but blush. "Then leave her already." You respond in a much softer tone.

You can hear FP sigh through the phone. "... it's not that easy Alice.... she's still my wife... we have two kids...."

You automatically feel yourself return to fight mode and defensively spat back, "And what a great job you two are doing! I'm sure you would be proud to know that your son recently gave me some lip after I was trying to understand his new hearing predicament." You cant help but put on your best sarcasm, wanting to hurt FP. Wanting to hurt him so badly so that he hurts Jughead.

You yourself are emotionally hurt. FP hurt you and this is payback.

By the sound of FP racing to hang up the phone without responding to your menacing taunts, you know Jughead should be scared when he leaves your house to return to the trailer.

———————————

* Your POV as Jughead *

"Do you really have to leave?" Betty kisses you while pulling on your jacket collar.

You smirk down at her while wrapping your arms around her waist. "I wish I didn't Betts... but..." you roll your eyes and sigh, ".... your mom has made it pretty clear that I am not invited for dinner..... the last thing I want to do is upset Cruella de vil."

She nods knowingly and releases your jacket allowing you to make your way out the door before you two share one last embrace.

Walking back home you can't help but wonder why Alice was so cold to you. You understand that she is angry at your dad with the whole three-way love triangle, but what did you do? Are you simply guilty by association? You sigh and dig your hands in your pocket walking closer and closer to the entrance of your trailer door. You sigh while opening the front door and try to shrug off your disappointment from your time at the Cooper household.