xiv.

'PLUMMET BECAUSE OF IGNORANCE'

if i fall deep enough, my heart would plummet to my feet. weakly, i'd drop to my knees. and my lips pressed in a fine line of hope and destruction-- 

if you pull any harder on those cords, my joints will buckle and i'd have to surrender. 

but you won't. but you won't. but you won't. because why would you do such a thing? you know how weak i am, how breakable they are, these cotton strings that stick out and appear at the end of my wings. 

but you won't, but you won't, but you won't. because why would you do such a thing? why would you try to pull me down, when you know i can't swim. 

and you won't and you won't and you won't because you love my broken soul. but you would never, never, pull, on the only thing that holds these tears from the world. 

but you did. 

oh, you did.

you did pull. 

and now these

strings frayed

and all, shred

beneath. i 

will bleed. i

will crash.

on these rocks.

i shall drown in

my tears, in the salt,

in the crusts of the 

blood, pooling from

my scars. 

but, oh, how could you have done such a thing--

now--plummeting even with my wings, which are spread. are they spread? or has my confidence and arrogance finally gotten to my head?

oh, now, i fall, into my your demise. i'll cover in my own ash, my skin will have been burned, it's to show the others what will happen if they love--thy shall burn. 

i fall. 

i fall. 

i fall apart. 

because, 

i trusted 

your heart. 

  ☆ 

so if you're wondering why we're back at fifteen instead of fifty, it's 'cause i did the whole numeral thing wrong and i skipped like five. i went from from thirteen to nineteen lol. and yeah, i'm too lazy to actually fix the mistake by re-numbering or whatever. so i'm doing this and when i finished all the poems to put in between, i'll continue. 

i was thinking of 'isle of flightless birds' by twenty one pilots (yes, them again, self-titled and regional at best -and sometimes vessel- are my jam okay. i love them. hm, spread them on my toast. lol, okay, sorry, imma stop before they lock me up.)

PLUMMET BECAUSE OF IGNORANCE (plummet as i sing)

ALL WE ARE IS SOME IGNORANT PEOPLE IN A CAR, DRIVING TOWARDS DEATH OH YEAH (all we are is an isle of flightless birds.)

pls take the internet away from me, it's way too late.