4

"What happened?!" Maddy's jumping on my bed.

"Sit down and I'll tell you then." She jumps one last time and she sits down. "Tell meeeeeeeeee". God, she has energy!

"Well, I thought I was having a bad day but it turns out that it wasn't that bad..." I answer looking down with a little smile.

"Oh my god! You had your first kiss!" She gets up and continues jumping on the bed.

"Yeah... But it all happened so fast! I barely know him! It hasn't even been 24 hours yet!"

"And?" She stops jumping. She starts counting on her hands. "He's cute and hot. He's mysterious. Charming. And you like him!"

"I don't like hi..." Maddy cuts me off.

"Shut up! I'm your best friend. I know when you're lying!"

"I'm not lyi..."

"I said shut up!" I stay silent.

8:30 pm

Maddy and I finished our 20+ pages of homework.

"Tomorrow, you have to look soooooo hot!" Maddy goes into my closet and walks out with a dress.

"I am not wearing that." I shake my head.

"Why?"

"Because."

"We'll talk about this tomorrow. I'll be here at 6:30 am." She walks out of my room and closes the door behind her.

The next day, like Maddy said, she was at my house at 6:30.

*ding dong*

I went downstairs to open the door but my mom already let her in.

"Come upstairs," I tell her.

We are in my room and Maddy is forcing me to wear the dress.

"Put it on," she says.

"I'm not wearing it!"

"If you don't want to wear it then why did you buy it?"

"I didn't..."

"What?" She has a confused look on her face. I stay silent for a little while.

"Do you remember Blake?" I finally say.

"Your ex-boyfriend that you called your "True love"?"

"Don't remind me of that." I close my eyes in embarrassment.

"Sorry." She laughs

Blake was my boyfriend when I was 15 years old and I was a freshman in highschool. I met him in middle school. We were best friends for two years until he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes.

We dated for like 6 months. It was nothing serious but at the time I thought I was in love and that he was 'the one for me'. Embarrassing, I know.

Homecoming was coming and he asked me if I wanted to go with him and of course, I said yes. He told me that he saw a dress in a store and he told me that I would look pretty in it.

One day, the doorbell rang and I went to see who it was but no one was there. There was a package, I looked at the tag and it said 'from your babe'.

I took the package and brought it up to my room. I opened it and there was a beautiful dark blue dress.

Like he told me to wear the dress to homecoming, I did

Like he told me to wear the dress to homecoming, I did. We were dancing together. Then, Blake looked at me and leaned in for a kiss. I didn't know what to do so I told him to stop. He got mad and broke up with me. Right there in the middle of the gym with everyone else dancing around us. He left me there. Alone.

I was crying so I went to the girl's bathroom. And that's when I met Taylor. She asked me if I was alright and I told her everything that happened. When I got home, I called Maddy and told her everything that happened (except for the dress).

*today*

Maddy's looking at me with her mouth open.

"Wait. So that's dress that Blake bought you?"

"Yeah."

"And that's why you don't want to wear it?"

"Kinda..."

"Lex, it's been like 3 years since you guys broke up. You rejected all the guys who wanted to be with you! You have to move on!" She's right... I didn't let any guy in my life since that day...

"Fine! I'll wear the damn dress." She yelps and hugs me.

"Ethan is going to freak out when he sees you!"

We went into my car after 30 minutes of taking off my braids and fixing my hair. I park in the parking lot for the students. Maddy gets out of the car.

"Are you coming?" She asks.

"I... I'm not sure if I want to..."

"Oh come on!"

"Shit!"

"What?"

"Ethan is over there!" I point at him.

"It's your chance, Lex!" I finally get out of the car.

I'm walking with Maddy on my side. Ethan's talking to a guy. I think his name is Dylan. That guy stops talking and looks at me. Ethan turns around and his mouth drop. He smiles at me. I bit my lip to tease him. He rolls his eyes and smirks at me.

I go to my locker and someone says to me: "still have that dress uh?"