36

The second I got into Te's house, he pulled me into the biggest hug ever and I explained what happened with Ethan and with my mother. We listened to movies, we ate his dad famous mac and cheese. His dad is a chef so like basically everything edible in this house is good

Saturday

We finished high school. I couldn't wait any longer to get out of this dumpster. Ethan showed up at school for the last two days. We didn't talk at all. Sometimes we made those awkward eye contacts but nothing more.

I decided that I will go to prom but alone. It'll probably be better like that. Even if I wanted to go with someone, nobody would want to go with me except Ethan but it's not a good idea. Maddy is going with Gray, Kelly with Jayden, Taylor with Jordan, Theo is seeing a girl named Emily so I guess they're going together.

At first, I didn't want to go but the girls begged me to come so I agreed. Tomorrow, the girls and I are going shopping for our dresses because prom is next Wednesday and none of us has our dresses. We really need to hurry up.

My mom begged me to come back home but I just ignored her texts and calls. I think I might go back today. I can't stay away from my problems forever.

I say goodbye to Te and his parents and I leave their house around 3:30pm.

I arrive at my house and when I get into the house, Kayla hugs me really tightly.

"I missed you." She says

"I missed you too Kay."

My mother looks at me with her arms crossed. She sighs and hands me a letter.

"It came in the mail yesterday."

I take the letter hesitantly. I open it and my eye widen.

"I... I got accepted into the University of Toronto."

"I'm so proud of you." My mom says.

I jump in her arms.

"I got accepted." I keep repeating.

"In what?" My sister asks. I let go of my mom and bent down to talk to my little sister.

"Next year I won't be home like the past year. I'm going to another school in Toronto."

"Will you come back after?"

"It depends. I can maybe get a job over there. But I'll come visit you and mom when I can."

"I'm gonna miss you, Lex."

"I'm gonna miss you too." I hug her.

"But, we still have all the summer together."

"Yay!"

-

"I can't believe you got accepted!" Maddy says throwing her arms around my neck.

"I know." I say laughing.

She smiles.

"What?" I ask.

"I got accepted in the University of LA."

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah... I wanted to keep it a secret and told you when I had the results and I got them yesterday."

"Oh my God!" Now it's my turn to throw my arms around her.

"I can't believe we won't see each other for years." She says.

"I know. But I'll come maybe once or twice a year. We have the Christmas holiday and probably other time in the year where I can come back."

"Yeah, at least we have that." She says looking down.

"Hey," I say putting my hand on her shoulder. "We are still going to be best friends in 30 years"

She laughs. "Of course we will."

We stayed in the park for maybe an hour or two. We used to come here a lot when we were kids. We played tag like we were little kids, we went in the slides, we swung on the swings. We had a lot of fun. I missed those time with her.

"So, what are you gonna do with Ethan?" Maddy asks walking down the street.

"I think I'll give him an other chance." I explain.

Maddy stops walking. "Lex. It's not like the other times. He actually broke your heart this time."

"I know. But... I just can't seem to let him go for real. Yes, I'm still very mad at him but I still love him. I don't even know why. I just... I don't know. I feel like I should maybe give him another chance and it would be the last one."

"Be carful Lex. I don't want to see you hurt again." We start walking again.

"I won't. It'll just be for the summer. I'm leaving for Toronto and I won't see him for a long time. Also, I don't believe in a distance relationship. It never works." I explain.

It's true. I don't believe in those kinda things. I keep seeing videos on Instagram of couples that haven't seen each other for a long time and they finally "get back together" after and they like jump on each other and fall on the ground. Ok, I have to admit it's fucking cute. But, the feeling to not see the person you love for months or even years... I won't be able to handle it.

"It's your choice" Maddy sighs.

A/n: shorter chapter again sorry. Also, this book maybe has 5 or less chapters left. I have another one that I started writing but I won't publish it now. Love youuuuu