8

"Lex! Where were you yesterday?" Maddy is behind me.

"Stop screaming!"

"You're screaming!"

"No, I'm not!" We start laughing.

"I was at Ethan's house," I answer.

"WHAT!!?" She starts screaming again. "All night!?"

"Yeah... "

"OH. MY. GOD."

"shhhhhhhh" god she screams a lot! "Nothing happened Maddy. Well, almost nothing" I explain her everything that happened.

"So Ethan has a twin brother. Ethan locked you in a closet?"

"Yep"

"I'm so confused!" I chuckle

"Do you have the pants?"I ask. Many students looked at me with a weird look because it looks like I'm not wearing pants.

"Yes. Come on" We go into the girl's bathroom. I put on the pants.

We walk out of the bathroom and Blake is there.

"Lexie!"

"What do you want Blake?"

"I saw you walking with that guy earlier. So you guys are really together?" He looks sad.

"Yes, Blake. Do I have to prove it to you again?"

"No. It's okay." He looks down and walks away.

"Hi, students! Just to remind you that next Friday is homecoming at 7:00 pm. I hope all of you guys are going to have a great night!" That was the principal.

"I FORGOT ABOUT HOMECOMING!!! AND IT'S IN 3 DAYS!" I start panicking

"Better hurry up girl! I'll go shopping with you tonight for your dress."

I feel hands on my hips.

"Wanna be my date to homecoming?" Someone whispers in my hear. I grin and turn around.

"THEO?!" I jump in his arms. I don't want to let go of him.

Theo is my best friend since I'm 5 years old (now I'm 18). I know him for 13 years. We were neighbours for 5 years and when I was 10, he moved to Australia for his mom's work. We were still best friends. We were Face Timing every day, texting each other, nothing could tear us apart. One day, we stopped talking like we used to. I used to have feelings for him but it was nothing. And now he's back.

"YOUR BACK!!!!" I was still in his arms.

"8 years without seeing you!" He says. A tear fell on my cheek. He pushes me back gently and wipes my cheek. "Don't cry."

"I just can't believe you're back!" I say. I see Ethan standing farther. He looks at me and walks away. I don't care. Yes, I like him but my best friend is back and I want to spend time with him.

"Hey, Madison." Theo says to Maddy.

"Hey, Theo." They hug each other.

"Long time no see huh?" Theo says.

"Yeah!" They chuckle.

"So, how about homecoming with me?" Theo asks.