27

"Mom? What is it?" Kayla asks.

"It's your grandma... she's okay but she has to stay in the hospital because she isn't doing so well." Tears roll on my mother's cheeks. "But your grandpa told me that we can go home and he will let us know if there's anything."

My sister and I give my mom a hug.

"Girls. Go pack your stuff. We are going home tomorrow!"

I go to my 'room' and pack almost everything because we are leaving tomorrow and I need some things for tonight. I'm so excited to see my friends! I want to text them sooooooo bad to tell them that I'm coming home early but I also want to surprise them.

Dylan (one of Ethan's friend) is throwing a party tomorrow night. All my friends told me about it so I know exactly where and when it's gonna be.

The next day

We went to the hospital before leaving to the airport. We said our goodbyes to my grandparents and that we hope that my grandma will be better soon. Our flight is at 9:30 am so we left for the airport around 8:00 am.

We landed at 2:30 pm and we arrived home at 3:00 pm. The second I got in the house, I ran upstairs and jumped on my bed. God, I missed home (yes I know it's only been a like 2 weeks but every teenager misses their bed even just for a day).

I spent the entire day in my room watching Netflix. The party is at 7:30 pm. I look at the clock and it's already 6:47 pm. I should get ready. I go to my closet and move my clothes on the sides one by one. I pick a black crop top and some high waisted shorts.

I go to my bathroom and put some mascara on. I undo my ponytail and decide to leave my hair as they are. I look at my phone and it's 7:17. I go downstairs and put my converse on.

"Where are you going?" My mother asks.

"To a party. I'm gonna surprise my friends." I explain.

"Okay. But no drinking!"

"Okay." I get out my house and get into my car. I start driving to Dylan's.

A lot of cars are parked in the street. You can hear the music from far. I finally find a spot and park. I get out of my car and I can already smell the alcohol and weed. I get into the house and look for my friends. I look in the living room and see them on a couch. Except for Ethan. He's not with them. They are all laughing hard so I know that they are a little drunk. Except for Maddy.

Maddy NEVER drank. She didn't even get a single drop of alcohol. She's always the one driving. I used to drink sometimes and get drunk but since my dad died, I didn't even drink one little glass. Yes I know, I'm underage to drink but sometimes you just need to clear your mind and it helps.

I go into the living room.

"HEY BITCHES!!!!" I say in front of my friends. Even if they're drunk, they know that I'm early.

"OH MY GOD! LEXXXXX!!!!" They all get up and hug me so tightly that I can barely breathe.

"G-guys... I-I can't b-breath..." They let go a little.

"You're earlier!"  Maddy says.

"Yeah! I wanted to surprise you guys."

"Oh my gosh. I'm so glad you're back! We can go shopping for our prom dress!" Kelly says. She's drunk for sure.

"Yeah." I say laughing. "E isn't with you guys?" I ask looking around.

"He was maybe 5 minutes ago. I saw him walk upstairs." Maddy answers.

"Okay, thanks." I say walking to the stairs.

I walk upstairs and look in some rooms to see if he could be in one of them for some reason. I'm so excited to see him! I hear his voice from the last room in the hallway. My heart is pounding. I look into the room and... Oh my God.