32

Grayson's pov

After I tried to help Ethan a little, I told him I was going to the store to buy some things and that I would take his car because mine is in the garage.

I wasn't going to the store. I was going to see Lexie. She's my best friend and also my girlfriend's best friends. I need to know if she's okay.

I knock on her front door and she opens it.

"What do you wan... Gray?" She probably thought I was E because I took his car. I didn't think about that...

Before she could say anything, I walk inside the house and pull her into a hug. I hold her tightly.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

Of course, she's not okay. I don't know why I even asked her that.

"Yeah. I'm fine." She answers.

I could see she was trying to hold her tears back. I let go of her slowly and put my hands on her shoulders.

"Are you sure?" I ask to make sure.

"No. I'm not. I don't know what to do. To think. To feel...?" She struggles with saying the last words because she started crying more than before.

That hit me really hard. Seeing her like that hurt me. I saw her at school today and she looked really sad. I didn't want to ask her at school because I didn't know if she was gonna start crying, panicking, or other stuff that I didn't want to see her do. Not at school.

I hug her again but even tighter than the first one.

"I'm here for you Lex. If anything goes wrong, you're not feeling good, if you're going through a rough time, I'm always going to be here. Always."

I mean those words. Lexie is the sweetest and kindest girl I ever met. She cares about everyone.

-

*Flashback*

One time, a boy was sitting alone at lunch at school. He was crying. Lex went to see him and asked him what was wrong. At first, he didn't want to tell her because he didn't know who she was. Lexie told him that if he wanted to talk she was there and wouldn't judge him no matter what.

He finally told her that his mom passed away and she was the only person in his life because his dad left them when he was 5.

He's a freshman and he didn't have friends. People were saying that he was a nerd and he was being bullied. He told Lexie that he hated his life and he even thought about ending it.

Lexie's heart was broken because of what he just told her. She told the freshman that her dad passed away a few years ago and that she also thought about ending her life many times. But she told him that she kept telling herself that there will always be something or someone to help you and make you feel loved, good, or anything to keep you alive.

Lexie told him (he told her that his name is Billy) that she had her friends and her mom and her sister by her side and they helped her a lot through everything.

She told Billy that if he needed something she was there and she gave him her number and to call or text her when he needs to talk to someone.

*End of flashback*

I didn't know Lexie when her dad died so I don't really know if she was really in a "depressing" phase or if she was okay. I have the feeling that she cut a lot of people from her life.

Maddy told me the story with Blake and that since that and her father's death, she didn't let any guy in her life. She's been hurt by Blake and the year after that, her father dies. Let's say that High School for Lex isn't easy.

Maddy also told me that Lex got bullied in 11th grade. Because her mom lost her job and they didn't have a lot of money so her clothes weren't "trendy". People these days🙄.

-

Lex and I walk to the living room and sit on the couch. I asked her if she wanted to talk about what happened and she nodded and explained everything that happened yesterday night.

I couldn't believe what she was telling me. I knew Ethan was the type of guy that could get any girl but Lexie was different to him.

Usually, Ethan would just take a random girl and start hooking up with her back in New Jersey. But he told me, the first day in LA, that he met a girl and that he didn't know why but he was attracted by her. He felt like that for two people in his whole life: Jessie and Lexie.

I just can't believe that he cheated on her and he wasn't even drunk. Why would he do something like that to Lex if he loves her so much?

Lexie's POV

Gray and I are sitting on the couch and talking about Ethan.

"I never saw Ethan so happy since he met you, Lex. His life was a lot better than back in New Jersey. He used to be the guy that could get any girl just by winking at them. He was the captain of the football team and everyone liked him even if he wasn't a good guy sometimes. He was mean to a lot of people and also a bully. He hurt a lot of people and he didn't even care. Ethan was almost a lost cause. He used to drink, do drugs, smoke. But like I said, from the first time he layed his eyes on you, he's not the same Ethan Dolan."

I can't find words at the moment. I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out. My vision becomes blurry. Tears start rolling down my cheeks.

Gray puts his arms around me and holds me. I feel like I'm in Ethan's arms. His muscular arms around my waist. His chin resting on my head. I close my eyes and fall asleep crying.

-

I wake up in my bed. I take my phone from the table beside my bed and see 7:26 pm. I get up and put a sweatshirt on. I go downstairs and see my mom on the couch.

"Hi honey."

"Hi" I answer yawning. I walk towards her and sit on the couch beside her.

"You uh... know you're wearing Ethan's sweatshirt?" My mother says looking at my sweatshirt.

I look at it and close my eyes.

"I just took a sweatshirt from the ground. I didn't even realize it's his." I say holding back my tears.

"It's okay." My mom opens her arms so I can lay down with her.

"Where were you earlier?" I ask.

"I uh... think I found someone that I like a lot..."

I turn around to face her.

"Stop!" I say excitedly.

She smiles and nods slightly.

"Ahh!" I hug her really tight. "I'm so happy for you."

"I'm glad you're happy. Kayla didn't take it so well..."

"She'll understand soon. I'll take to her." I say.

My mom smiles and I smile too. I lean my head on her shoulder and she holds me tight. I fall asleep again.