38

"You've got to be kidding me!" I say looking at the girl in front of me. I get up and go straight to my room.

I slam the door shut and let myself fall on the bed. Someone knocks on my door.

"Go away!" I say

"What's wrong with you?" it's my mother. I get up, open the door and go back to my bed. My mother sits beside me.

I sigh. "Did Maddy told you with who Ethan cheated on me with?"

She frowns. "Yeah... Her name is Jessie I think... Oh my God!" Her eyes widen. "I'm so so so sorry Lex." She face plams herself

"It's okay. You didn't know."

"But for tonight can you at least do like nothing happened or ignore her. I really want to have a good night with all of us."

Usually, I would've said no and just stayed in my room and ignore them. But I haven't seen my mom this happy in so long and all I want to do is make sure she okay and happy. So I simply nod.

"It means a lot to me, Lex." She kisses my forehead before leaving my room. I sigh and get up. I take my phone and I head downstairs.

I sit down at the table an excuse myself to my mother's new boyfriend which I still don't know the name of.

"I'm so sorry. I forgot I had to call my boyfriend to tell him I was busy tonight and I completely forgot to tell him until now." I lie

I look at Jessie quickly and see that she's confused and probably mad just as I am. Probably because she has no idea I was going to forgive Ethan and also because we're going to be step-sisters. Ugh. Just thinking about it seems weird and annoying.

"It's okay. I'm Patrick and this is my daughter Jessie."

"I'm Lexie."

-

The supper was weird and awkward because Jessie and I kept making those bitchy eye contact and I was trying to ignore her but she was always talking to her dad and after he would ask me questions of how Jessie and I met because we told her dad that we were 'friends'. Well, at least we tried to make something up. Act like we don't hate each other for tonight for our parents.

We finish eating and I just can't stay here longer with Jessie.

"I-uh I'm gonna go to bed. I'm pretty tired." I fake yawn.

"Okay. Good night sweetie." I kiss her on the cheek.

"Goodnight Patrick. It was nice meeting you." He smiles. I glance at Jessie and she does the same.

I say good night at my sister who has been quiet the whole evening. I can tell that she isn't comfortable with mom moving on from dad's death.

It is hard for us to let someone that we don't even know in our lives but if it makes mom happy, it make me happy and Kayla will have to accept it someday.

I go upstairs and let myself fall on the bed. I take out my phone and decide to text Ethan.

Me: Hey. You there?

Ethan: Always for you. What's up?

Me: Remember when I told you that my mother has a new boyfriend?

Ethan: That was a couple hours ago so yes

Me: Well his name is Patrick and he has a daughter

Ethan: Well I hope everything went well and that you and his daughter will get along

Ethan: WAIT! Patrick? As in Jessie's father...?

Me: Yep

Ethan: Oh boy. What are you doing tmr?

Me: nothing

Ethan: wanna come to my place?

Me: sure

Ethan: okay see you there. Love you

Me: love you too

I put my phone away and fall asleep instantly. I had a very long day.

-

"Where are you going?" My mother asks.

"I'm going at Ethan's place," I answer putting my shoes on.

"You guys talked?" She asks and crosses her arms over her chest. I nod. "I'm sorry for the other day."

"It's okay. I'm over it. But just please don't do it again."

"I won't"

I grin at her before leaving the house. The door opens behind me.

"Lexie?" I turn around. "I'm sorry for Patrick and Jessie..."

"It's not your fault. I'm happy for both of you. And for Jessie... we'll figure something out." I say. My mother nods and I walk to my car.

-

I knock on the door and hear footsteps. Gray opens the door.

"Lex!" He hugs me. "What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I'm here to see Ethan," I reply. Gray frowns.

"You and Ethan are chill?" He asks.

"He didn't tell you? I forgave him yesterday"

"Oh! Well, I'm happy for you two. Honestly, I missed seeing you here almost every day." He chuckles.

"Yeah, I missed you too." I grin.

"Well, he's in his room" Gray points at the stairs.

"Thanks, Gray." I smile at him before going upstairs.

I walk in the hallway to Ethan's room. His door is closed. I lift my hand and put it into a fist to knock on his door but stop before my hand could touch the door.

I lean the side of my head against the door to hear better. I don't hear anything so I take the doorknob and turn it slowly. I open the door and I grin at the sight of Ethan sleeping on his bed shirtless as usual. He looks so peaceful. And that's exactly why I'm gonna wake him up.

I go into his room making small steps to not wake him up. I close the door and make my way over the bed. I get on the bed and put my legs on the sides of Ethan's body. I grin before shaking.

"wake uuuuupppp!" I say. He opens his eyes and they widen when he sees me. He gasps and pushes me and I fall down the bed.

"oh my god, Lex! I'm sorry" he helps me get up. "you scared the shit out of me!" he says and I sit down on the bed.

"Maybe I shouldn't have woken you up..." I say and he chuckles.

"No its okay. I was waiting for you and I fell asleep."

"Oh"

Ethan lays down, takes me by the waist and brings me with him. I put my head on his chest and he strokes my hair.

"I can hear your heartbeat," I say listening to the sound of his heart.

"it beats for you, Princess, " he says and I look up at him.

"that's cheesy, babe" I chuckle. He approaches his lips to mine. They're so close that his lips brushes mine when he talks.

"shut up. You'll ruin the moment" he says before crashing his lips against mine.